Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Mealworms and Aflatoxin
Mealworms and Aflatoxin
Food, Diet
Jan 17 2015
03:07:58 PM
So my mealwoms got their bedding moldy before they all turned into beetles (yeah... it's a small farm...). Of course, I've fixed the mold problem now, but I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for.

If this mold was aflatoxin and the worms were infected, will it continue to the next generation? I know that with crickets the aflatoxin can attach to the DNA, but I've not read about mealworms. When these beetles reproduce, will the new worms be clean of the aflatoxin and safe to feed to the suggies?

Thanks for any input! :)
Food, Diet
Jan 17 2015
09:22:11 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Totally unrelated to your post but I stumbled on this breeder and thought of you. It might give you a lead on a new glider for Molly. I do not know this girls reputation as a breeder, but she is in oregon and her prices that I saw seemed reasonable 400 for breeding 200 for pet only. Anyway this is her facebook page, perhaps she either has some available or knows of breeders closer to you... her shipping rates were pretty fair as well but I don't know how current the rates are that I saw. If nothing else it may lead to more information on breeders in your neck of the woods

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008297222185

And this fb group is where I found her...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gliderslist/?notif_t=group_r2j_approved

Edited by - Leela on Jan 17 2015 09:25:48 PM
Food, Diet
Jan 17 2015
09:30:12 PM
A.Fenton4-H Glider Visit A.Fenton4-H's Photo Album 84 Posts
Ooh, ok thanks!
Food, Diet
Jan 17 2015
09:36:11 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
you're welcome you can join that group it is a group primarily for glider listings, for sale and wanting/needing to buy... I hope it turns up something for you!
Food, Diet
Jan 17 2015
09:45:49 PM
A.Fenton4-H Glider Visit A.Fenton4-H's Photo Album 84 Posts
Ok, cool. Yeah I'm still on the search for a friend for Molly. It's ridiculous what people will demand in exchange for their gliders... :P
Mealworms and Aflatoxin

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Mealworms and Aflatoxin