Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Spring Cleaning
Spring Cleaning
Pictures
Jan 17 2015
07:10:53 PM
The weather here in the midwest has been brutal lately. I know its not spring quite yet but today certainly felt like it, and I took the opportunity to clean my much overdue cage and take some photots. Hope you enjoy!

Pictures
Jan 17 2015
07:52:39 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Wow, that looks spanking new! Of course you don't have before photos, lol.
Pictures
Jan 17 2015
07:57:53 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
looks great!!
Pictures
Jan 20 2015
04:17:50 PM
cosmos_mommy Glider Visit cosmos_mommy's Photo Album WV, USA 60 Posts
What did you put under your cage, and where did you find it?
I have a PVC cage but only a carpet on the bottom and I have to vacuum every day
Pictures
Jan 20 2015
05:29:58 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
It looks like one of those trays you put under washing machine. I'm curious too to know what it is exactly and the measurements.

I don't know the measurements you need but here are some options to look for:

Martin's cages, cage pans
http://www.martinscages.com/products/supplies/pans.htm

You can also see if you can find dog kennel trays, made for cages at the pet stores like Petsmart or Petco. They are large sizes.

or

Trays used for under washing machines

It depends on the size of your home-made cage, but you may find something that you could use under it.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jan 20 2015 05:35:35 PM
Pictures
Feb 03 2015
10:31:27 PM
lancegtx Glider 194 Posts
The tray is a standard appliance tray that I bought at lowes. I really suggest picking one up, it will make life much easier.

If your thinking about going the same route as me I would suggest doing one thing differently though. Instead of using straight legs that sit inside of the tray I would use two 90 degree elbows on each leg so that the legs sit on either side of the tray. This would allow some room for design if your cage did not fit in the tray while also allowing you to pull the tray out from under the cage rather than lifting the cage off of the tray. Another added benefit of this design would be that by creating a wider base for the cage it may help lessen some of the wobbles common in pvc cages.

Edited by - lancegtx on Feb 03 2015 10:40:17 PM
Pictures
Feb 04 2015
11:25:09 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You can also purchase the pan first then build the cage sized to fit so you can easily slide it out.

The Durapan from Martin's is a great cage pan. They are 2.5 inches deep and very sturdy. I used one to for an Aviantelligence cage I had several years ago that had a big gap between the plastic cage pan and the bottom grate so food bits and waste went everywhere. The deeper cage pan fit that cage perfectly - and outlasted the cage. The pan now serves as a floor protector for my son's messy cats - under their litter pan.
Spring Cleaning

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Spring Cleaning