Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Update on Pip
Update on Pip
Pictures
Feb 18 2015
10:02:43 AM
I've had some requests for information on the newest member of the family. Sorry for the delay! I really wanted to have some good pictures to go along with his journey so far. His TPG registered name is Cubit and they were also his breeder (along with my 2 girls). It is so helpful to have a breeder that takes the time to talk with you and take your specific circumstances into consideration...especially when ordering sight unseen (except for pictures). I had a list of her little boys I was interested in, it was such a pleasure to have Priscilla return my call as Debby was on a much needed vacation. She remembered the girls and we had a fun "walk" through her facility as she talked on her cell while going to each cage and handling the boys I was interested in while giving me details on their personality, parents, etc. Cubit was neutered as early as was safe and never developed a bald spot. While in pouch his mother received a nasty mating wound that required stitches. Priscilla was so proud of his mama and how well she did with that and continuing to take good care of her babies. He has always been kept with other females, one of the factors of choosing him to make a trio with my sisters Lisle and Maeve.

We had a great discussion on names here...trying to go with something in the 'storm' or 'weather' related category given that he is a mosaic with markings reminding me of a cloudy day. However, my youngest son (15) decided to put his two cents in (and put his foot down, for whatever reason) that his name was Pip (of Dickens' "Great Expectations"). And so, Pip it is. I can't help but sometimes call to him with a cockney accent, " 'allo Pip...ow are ya?

As to personality...I don't have him dialed in yet. Bonding is in process and I only spend time with the three together. He does take his cue's from watching the girls, which he does intently when they are loving on me, but he's definitely not ready for that. He and Maeve are similar in size (very petite) and in activity level (high) so they spend a great deal of time playing in their wheel and general mischief with toys in the cage. When out of the cage we call him a "grounder". My girls first time in the 'big room' they immediately were hitching up the door frames and perching on the curtain rods. Pip prefers to keep a low profile and skitter around on the carpet circling the room and romping under the bed.

While he and Maeve are great playmates, they all get along together equally. There was no issue what so ever during introductions. There is still a bit of psst's as they show him the ropes. He gave me a pretty good nip one night and my Lisle gave him a psst and a sort of bop on the head. That was one behavior that really surprised me. She is the one who is most closely bonded...my little soul mate. I've also noticed that she has become even more attentive to me since Pip came along.

I PROMISE to get some good pictures just as soon as he slows down enough for the camera to focus. But here is a shot of the 3 of them tucked in my shirt last night. He is the little face in the middle, Lisle on right, Maeve left.

And a couple of his pro shots from TPG.

Pictures
Feb 18 2015
11:45:33 AM
trainedmermaid Glider Visit trainedmermaid's Photo Album 69 Posts
WOW!!! So gorgeous. I love seeing pics of your colony

I have to ask - how bad do the bites hurt?
Pictures
Feb 18 2015
12:02:40 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
he is so gorgeous! I cant wait to get good pics of him!
Pictures
Feb 18 2015
12:15:57 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
I know Hails...it's killing me!

Thanks and he is gorgeous.

Mermaid, his bites have been more than little nips, but he hasn't drawn blood. He definitely means to do it, the rascal. I'll offer a treat sometimes and he'll go for another finger as if I have not right to touch his treat while giving it to him. I've had bites from other gliders that have drawn blood many times. Lisle in fact, during her first month! Look how she turned out! Another female I had was absolutely viscous, but was a rescue from a bad situation, poor thing.
Pictures
Feb 18 2015
12:22:20 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Sounds and looks like all is coming around well. Pip will probably come around all at once, having his new mates teaching him the ropes. What a beautiful trio they make!
Update on Pip

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Update on Pip