Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
After months of bugging yall, I finally brought home my babies.
Pictures
Apr 04 2015
12:57:22 PM
I am in LOVE.

I got them from the breeder Cary at Hartland Gliders in Red Oak tx. If youre in the Dallas area I HIGHLY recommend her. She really knows her stuff and everyone there is a sweetheart.

These are 2 young white face sisters. I was able to handle them IMMEDIATELY. They do not crab, they do not bite. Hartland Gliders did a fantastic job at socializing them. I was shocked tbh as I thought itd take months to get them to let me reach in and get them.

I owe a HUGE thank you to everyone here that has helped me. Yall have been VERY patient with my constant newbie questions & concerns. Yall have gone way out of your way to help me & I appreciate that. I'm sure I'll have more questions...but at least now I can contribute to the board.

Here they are!

Pictures
Apr 04 2015
01:16:04 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
aweee they are beautiful!! congrats
Pictures
Apr 04 2015
01:55:30 PM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
Awww they are beautiful and look so healthy!
Pictures
Apr 04 2015
02:29:06 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Aww, what cuties! Nice cage, too. I hope you have those doors secure, because they will learn how to open them!
Pictures
Apr 04 2015
02:57:13 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Congratulations! They are indeed gorgeous! Thanks for sharing photos, we love to see photos of these guys & gals.

Yes, please make sure all those little slider doors are zip tied or secured somehow, so you don't have escapes.
Pictures
Apr 04 2015
03:17:11 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
So amazingly cute!
Pictures
Apr 04 2015
07:37:05 PM
dtflower7 Glider Visit dtflower7's Photo Album USA 102 Posts
Those are beautiful girls!!

Just fyi, and you may have already done it, but make sure you zip tie those little doors closed or they will open then and get out. (the little doors that lift up with the hearts in them)

:)
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
10:51:17 AM
trainedmermaid Glider Visit trainedmermaid's Photo Album 69 Posts
Thanks yall!!!

I ended up throwing the coconut toy away. I should probably get another from an indie co that makes them specifically for sugar gliders. As for the doors - I'm going to have to get zipties when more stores are open tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me about that. I thought I had some put aside specifically for this but when I looked (at the last minute..gahhh) I couldnt find them. Last night I used some little clips....probably about 4 of them for each door. I was really paranoid about the gliders finding a way to get them off so I sugar-glider-safed the room and stuck towels under the door for in case they did get out.

Neither got out. In fact they didnt get a single clip off lol. But....... you can never be too careful.

Now for another question - what is the best wheel I can put in their cage? I don't really care about price...safety's definitely my biggest concern. Ive seen horror stories about Wodent Wheels when I looked around. I'm leaning towards Stealth Wheel since the breeder uses those at her house.

Edit: Im also wondering about if I should get one with a stand OR get one that has a side mount.

Edited by - trainedmermaid on Apr 05 2015 10:52:30 AM
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
11:01:59 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Where are you located? I have coconut huts for sale... I use the Raptor wheel but I've heard the stealth wheel is good as well. I use a wall mount but you may like a floor stand more in that cage, it can be quite noisy on that type of cage mounted to the wall.

A few I have made, no two are the same....

Edited by - Leela on Apr 05 2015 11:05:29 AM
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
11:16:29 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Lovely Gliders!!!

Leela makes awesome coconuts. That blue one in the pic is mine! I love it!

I've got raptors too...but, I thought I heard that he was behind on orders a bit due to health issues. Stealth, raptor, etc. are all good. Side mount or stand is really just personal preference. I have mine side mounted. It looks like your cage has the thinner bars, so you may end up choosing the stand. When they get the wheel really going you might hear a lot of cage rattle if side mounted.

Anyway...congrats!!
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
11:19:03 AM
Ty Blue, we need some pics of your babies in yours lol
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
11:29:21 AM
mallory_em4 Glider Visit mallory_em4's Photo Album 88 Posts
Aw they are super cute! Any ideas on names yet?

On the wheel i actually have the H v2.0 wheel from
www.humbertossugargliders.com its like the stealth/raptor but it has a speed control, it has an amazing mount system that the wheel clips on and off so its sooo easy for cleaning, it has a double track (option for sand paper) and the wheel on my cage is silent - all you hear is the gliders running from their nails. I highly recommend it!
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
11:33:09 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I started out with the stand mounted wheels, but the stand got really nasty and was hard to clean around the zip ties that held it to the floor. I switched to the cage mount and I like it better. Mounting the wheel is a 2 man job unless you have extra long arms!
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
07:33:48 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I have Fast Track, both floor and cage mounts. They can be removed from the mounts for easy installation and for cleaning. Just thinking, you can try the cage mount and if too noisy purchase just the floor stand, just switch wheel over.

Those coconut toys are cool Leela, but I couldn't help but eye up your skull & cross bones fleece for my pirate theme.

Edited by - TJones09 on Apr 05 2015 07:38:54 PM
Pictures
Apr 05 2015
07:38:08 PM
Ty we found it at Joann fabrics, Darrin picked it out and a different skull one lol He wanted the cage less "girly"

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders