Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Awake during day?
Awake during day?
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2015
09:15:50 PM
So I've had my female suggie for a few weeks now, I have introduced her to my male and they seem to get along great. When I stick them in their bonding pouch and set them on my lap, Winnie, the boy, usually stays asleep. (I've had him over a month and he seems to have bonded with me pretty well). However, Lil (the girl) sticks her head out of the pouch and constantly sniffs around and stares at me. She shakes occasionally too. She never crabs or bites when I pet her or gently push her head back down into the pouch, but then she pops right up again. She doesn't come out though, she's a little scardy cat. I feed her treats but after she eats it she cleans her hands and goes right back to staring at me and sniffing. This has been going on for weeks. When I stick her back in the cage she continues looking around for awhile and eventually goes back to sleep. It's weird. Is she just nervous? Or maybe curious?

I also have a random question that I didn't want to start a whole new thread for; how often should you replace the water in their water bottles? I know, it's a stupid question, but I'm new to this
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2015
09:29:13 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
My girl is much like that, she is usually looking to climb into my shirt She spends a bit of time awake during the day but not super active, once she finds her spot she crashes though.

My male gets really active during the day a couple times throughout the week. Enough so that I have to take him into the bathroom for him to climb and play for an hour or so, then he's ready for a long nap.

So for me, I can't say that behavior is unusual. But if they aren't getting enough natural light it can screw up their internal clocks. Is your cage near a window ?
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2015
11:59:25 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
The 2 terribles tend to do that too, if I take their pouch on me to watch a movie in the sofa or such, they just won't stay in it, they'd rather get up and go hide between the back pillow and me (which I don't like much) or directly under -or inside the fold of- the blanket if I have one there.

For the water, I tend to change it every day, just because I wouldnt drink from a bottle of standing water which staid at room temperature for a while myself ;)

Edited by - sjusovare on Apr 06 2015 12:00:23 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 06 2015
01:31:34 PM
Onelove420 Glider Visit Onelove420's Photo Album USA 89 Posts
Thanks for the answers!
I've been changing their water about every other day. Sometimes every day! I wouldn't wAnt mold to grow in it or anything :/
And they're in my studio apartment on the wall facing the windows. I have them open all day so it's pretty bright in there.
Awake during day?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Awake during day?