Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Referral of local vets...
Health related
Apr 06 2015
12:51:20 PM
In light of all the people having a hard time finding good glider experienced vets that are relatively local to them...

One of my favorite groups on fb, is the glider guardian group and they have a file on their page with members available to help gliders in need organized by what state they live in. Which is incredibly handy when finding gliders that need rehomed or a new cage mate.

Anyways, after this mornings conversation with a new member here about neutering and vets near her, I went to the guardian group and requested they make a file for vets that the members in each state use and would recommend to others in that state or city. They graciously agreed that they would give it a go and a few other members also felt it would be beneficial.

So it has begun!! It may take some time for everyone to post their referrals but in case anyone here needs help looking for a vet it could come in handy.

It would also be great if anyone here would like to add their fav vet to the list!! If you don't wan't to join that group you can email me here and I will post it according to the state the vet is in.

If you would like to join this group your self here are the links

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sugargliderguardians/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sugar-glider-guardians/vet-referrals/1576215389318346

Edited by - Leela on Apr 06 2015 12:51:49 PM
Health related
Apr 06 2015
01:03:11 PM
jlprkr Glider Visit jlprkr's Photo Album 90 Posts
Awesome! I've been looking for a good vet in Panama City for awhile. The one vet place I found had nice people but I really didn't like the way they handled my glider.
Health related
Apr 06 2015
07:21:57 PM
dtflower7 Glider Visit dtflower7's Photo Album USA 102 Posts
Ha!!! I am on there too Leela. I saw your request. Too funny.
Health related
Apr 06 2015
07:27:34 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I used to try to stay incognito on different sites lol but I have seen a few people from this forum on fb without knowing their fb names just from the topics they post, I felt sort of stalkerish so I figured I'd just let myself be known
Health related
Apr 06 2015
07:52:03 PM
dtflower7 Glider Visit dtflower7's Photo Album USA 102 Posts
Might as well. You give lots of great advice. And I love being a part of the guardians. I don't post much on there, but I love reading how much they do. I am hoping once I get a little more experience and find a good vet, I can start helping with fostering, etc...

Glideritis.
Health related
Apr 06 2015
10:54:27 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You might want to start with the list that has already been posted on Sugar Glider Help

http://www.sugargliderhelp.com/links/pages/Sugar_Glider_Vet_Database/North_America/United_States/index.html
Health related
Apr 07 2015
08:03:46 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I thought of that, and have used that as a resource as well, but.... It would be nice to have a referral from people who have actually been to the vet and give a good review.

I often wonder if I am referring someone to a vet that isn't really that great when there could be a better one near by.

I also wonder if those vet offices are even still open and have glider experienced vets at them. With out calling every single vet on the list there is no way to know that and even then you would have no idea of the quality of care unless you go yourself or someone else has.

Health related
Apr 07 2015
08:43:03 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
In a brief look at the North America database, there are vets that I know of in this area that are not listed...and that are fantastic. In fact there are no vets listed in our vicinity except for a mobile vet that treated one of my chameleons YEARS ago. But, he is still around...I'm not sure how they keep everything up to date on that one (I guess I could look into it). There are vets I would like to be on that list.
Health related
Apr 07 2015
09:02:07 AM
Please share with me too Blue so I can add them to the guardians list unless you want to do it

Speaking of vets, Leela will be turning 1 yr old soon, how time flies!! So her and Simon are scheduled for annual wellness check up and fecal testing on Saturday

Edited by - Leela on Apr 07 2015 09:02:42 AM
Health related
Apr 07 2015
09:36:20 AM
The one that I HIGHLY recommend is Dr. Holly Webber at Best Friends Animal Hospital. 5110 Clark Rd. Sarasota, FL 941-927-4567. She was with another office in Bradenton, which also sees gliders...but, I'm just not as crazy about their office. Would use them as a back up in an emergency.
Health related
Apr 07 2015
09:43:52 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If you know of vets that are NOT listed on the Sugar Glider Help page - you can submit them to be added. The Sugar Glider Help page is ALL vets that glider owners have recommended over the years.

The site depends on submissions from glider owners.

If you know of any vets that are no longer seeing gliders - you can post that as a comment as well.
Health related
Apr 07 2015
02:58:27 PM
Thanks Candy, I'll go back and make the submission for Dr. Webber.
Health related
Apr 07 2015
04:20:46 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
The Veterinary Clinic West in Marietta GA (770 424-5484) neutered 4 babies for me. They are very knowledgable and recovery was quick.
I have also used Sweetwater Creek Animal Hospital in Lithia Springs, GA (678 838-7387 once and liked that vet.
Health related
Apr 07 2015
07:51:41 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I will like to look into this a bit more when I feel better and participate in adding a vet I know of here in MD.
Health related
Apr 07 2015
08:19:39 PM
jlprkr Glider Visit jlprkr's Photo Album 90 Posts
Anyone know of good vets around the Panama City, Florida area?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders