Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Something to think about when blending food for picky eaters
Food, Diet
Apr 27 2015
01:38:49 PM
I came across this post on fb from Newby's Glider Nook and the admin gave me permission to post it here.

quote:
Lets also talk about blending their fruits and veggies so that they cannot pick and choose what they want to eat out of the mix. Did you know that by blending (we're not talking about chopping or dicing) we are forcing them to eat the insoluble fiber that they would not consume normally. (I've been trying to deter people from doing this for years btw)
When you force them to eat the insoluble fiber from their veggies you are inhibiting the absorption of the vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals that is in what your feeding. Insoluble fiber gets passed through them before any of the good stuff gets a chance to break down to be absorbed. Think about that the next time you force them to eat that blended mix of fruits and veggies so they don't have the option of being picky.

I don't typically put fruits n veg and blend them together in a blender but I know some folks here do. I just figured I would pass this along for either something to think about or to have a discussion on....
Food, Diet
Apr 27 2015
01:46:36 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Excellent, Leela. Helps with that questions TONS, because it comes around often. Yet another GOOD reason not to do this!
Food, Diet
Apr 27 2015
06:48:32 PM
denparkin Glider Visit denparkin's Photo Album ON, CA 154 Posts
Excellent post Leela!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders