Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Flying with Gliders
Flying with Gliders
Question
Oct 07 2015
12:48:43 PM
Okay! So I was just curious if any of y'all have flown with your sugar glider!? I went to the airport and asked both the airline AND TSA if they were okay with me bringing them and they said yes. But my only concern is how they do with the air press and the flight itself.
Question
Oct 07 2015
01:07:32 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Were you specific when asking the Airline that you wanted to bring your gliders into the passenger cabin? They may have been telling you that they could be transported in the climate controlled cargo area.

Which airline did you talk to?

Before you attempt to take your gliders with you, I would get that IN WRITING before you go to the airport. Be sure to check with ALL AIRPORTS you will travel through.

As far as I know NONE of the airlines allow sugar gliders to be carried on board in the passenger cabin. You could be forced to either miss your flight - or to have someone come to the airport to get your gliders if they are found on you when you are going through security or boarding the plane.

If you were successful in sneaking them on board on the first part of your trip - you might be stopped from boarding on your return trip - and not be able to get your gliders back home.

Some but not all airlines or all planes are equipped with climate controlled cargo areas used for shipping pets. There may be limitations on sugar glider traveling this way if it is either VERY hot or cold at any of the airports because they might be out in the weather for quite some time before being loaded onto the plane.

I do not think anyone will be able to tell you how your gliders would react to the pressure changes in the passenger cabin but gliders that are shipped in the climate controlled cargo area do just fine.

Question
Oct 07 2015
01:25:44 PM
Hwalkup Joey 20 Posts
I spoke with Spirit and they said they didn't have a problem with them being on me since they are so tiny. I brought both of my gliders with me to the airport and actually had one sleeping in my bra and the other in a bonding pouch. They said since they are so small it wasn't a problem especially since they had no idea they were even on me.

One lady said after I go through security to put them in the pouch and let them sleep.

I will definitely check to make sure the other airport is okay with me having them on the return flight but I am more concerned with their health.
Question
Oct 08 2015
07:58:14 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
If they're allowed, they should be okay, since gliders have been air shipped with out problems due to pressure and altitude.
Flying with Gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Flying with Gliders