Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
I have a very sick glider, advice needed asap!!
Health related
Jan 08 2016
03:51:33 PM
My seven month old glider became sick out of know where. On the first day he was having some kind of seizure or spasming about every 5 minutes , he had no control over his body at all! Second day it seemed he was doing way better, but running fluids from his eyes and a small amout of blood from his nose. Today on the third day, he is no better than yesterday. His eyes still have fluids and he had dried blood from his nose also he had a small tail spasm. I have been feeding him nectar and water hourly with a straw, he wont eat solids and i have to hold the straw by his mouth for him to even drink. I can not find these syptoms anywhere, taking him to the vet isn't an option. I need information and advice on how to help him and why this is happening. If anyone has experienced this in their glider or know of this please share some knowledge.
Health related
Jan 08 2016
08:33:57 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I am sorry you and your glider are going through this.

There are many possibilities but his symptoms sound serious enough that you really MUST take him to a vet to get the diagnosis and medical treatment he needs.

If taking him to a vet is not an option, you may only be able to keep he comfortable as he goes down hill.

It sounds as though he had a seizure which could be from many causes including low blood sugar or low calcium levels. It could also be due to coming in contact with something toxic.

Only a vet can give you the correct treatment to save your glider's life.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires