Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Holding your Glider?
Holding your Glider?
Question
Jan 31 2016
11:37:47 PM
Do Sugar Gliders like to be held? or is it normal that they don't like it, Mine doesn't really sit still enough or tries to nip if i try to like hold him hold him, like you would a small animal, he's more squrimmy and likes to run around on me, I'm pretty sure we bonded pretty well, he's goin on 6 months is it just still needing to bond or are they the kind of animal that doesn't really like to be held? or am I just handling him the wrong way when i try? Does anyone or has anyone else had this problem.
Question
Feb 01 2016
12:41:51 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
As a general rule, really few gliders like to be held, they much prefer climbing on you by themselves.
Question
Feb 01 2016
12:42:50 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
You are correct.
Most gliders don't like to be held. I usually let the gliders walk on my hand from the cage. We do have one that when she is very tired but not sleeping, she will settle down on my hand or arm then just look around.
But most of the time its sleep with me/wife or run around like a nut.
Question
Feb 01 2016
01:51:04 AM
redeyes420 Joey Visit redeyes420's Photo Album 11 Posts
See that's what my Glider does too, that too crawl all over me like I'm his jungle gym lol.
Question
Feb 01 2016
10:24:21 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
my bonded glider doesn't even like to be held. she loves crawling on me and jumping on and off of me. if I place her on the ground during the day, and walk away, she will hop after me and climb up my leg and then jump into my bra LOL. my new glider doesn't like to be held either, but she tolerates it when I hold her, she just squirms a little bit. lol
Holding your Glider?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Holding your Glider?