Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Shivering suggie, cage poisoning??
Health related
Jun 03 2016
07:49:15 PM
So my 5 y/o suggie Djubi shivers, a lot, and I just read something about poisoning from ppp cages causing illness and shivering.

Is she sick?

Do I need to replace her house asap?

Should I take her to the vet?

She's on the modified leadbeaters diet, and in a black coated wire cage. I got her a week ago and want to upgrade the house but money is a bit tight since I'm in college. If necessary though I will buy her something new I'm just worried that she's sick :(

She is a single glider who shows no outward signs of depression.

Edited by - Emris on Jun 03 2016 07:59:59 PM
Health related
Jun 03 2016
11:10:56 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Most gliders do some shivering when they first wake up from a very sound sleep. They seem to need to rev themselves up before becoming fully active. If she is other wise active, alert and eating well the shivering is probably normal.

If she has always been in the same cage - the cage is not an issue or she would have been very sick long ago.
Health related
Jun 03 2016
11:13:19 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
That's really good to hear thank you!

Otherwise she behaves just l normally, but u have noticed she'll shake more when she's startled by something, which happens fairly often /D
Health related
Jun 05 2016
09:26:33 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
if shivering, I will put mine in my t-shirt give a few treats then check for shivers.
Or I will cover her up with my hands to give her a nice dark place. Usually shivers go away pretty fast.
if you have only had her one week she could be nervious and scared from the new home.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Jun 05 2016 09:29:18 AM
Health related
Jun 05 2016
04:49:38 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
I think it is just from being in a new environment because whenever she gets startled she'll shiver for a while as well, and as she falls asleep she stops.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders