Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
First Time Glider Owner
First Time Glider Owner
Question
Jul 02 2016
01:24:12 AM
Hello! I adopted two gliders two days ago. Roxy is four and Shilah is two. They were handled daily and are very friendly. Their previous owner had to give them up, because she could no longer give them the time that they deserve.

I found a lot of info on raising and bonding, but I will appreciate any and all tips.

I was reading that gliders don't like to be put in the bonding pouch at night - is that for joeys?, because mine seem to love it.

I was expecting crabbing, but I've never had them crab.

Roxy and Shilah licked yogurt that got on my fingers (and nibbled, but didn't bite) when I was feeding them. I read that you should leave them alone for the first days, but they seem to want some attention (they obviously aren't ready for holding yet.)

What has worked for you when bonding with previously owned gliders? Thanks a lot!
Question
Jul 02 2016
04:37:24 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
1. most gliders dont like holding, but prefer to climb on you on their own. some do let you pick them up and hold them.

2. "bonding pouch at night". night time is their awake time, they usually want to be up and about alot more often. day time is Sleep time, so a bonding pouch is much more their style at this time. At night in the playroom they are very hard to hold, they are just running and jumping and running again. I can get in a quick pet before they are running again. at daytime I can put in shirt and they will curl up and sleep.

We pick up sophie from a previous owner. she was great with previous owner and great with us from day one.

Just give them time to get to know you. most likely if they are friendly with first owner things should go very easy for you.
Question
Jul 02 2016
10:13:54 PM
xEmmybear Starting Member 5 Posts
Thank you! My babies seem to love being in their pouch even if it is when they're awake. I am waiting until tomorrow to let them out in the bathroom after I glider proof it.
Question
Jul 03 2016
12:24:46 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by xEmmybear

Thank you! My babies seem to love being in their pouch even if it is when they're awake. I am waiting until tomorrow to let them out in the bathroom after I glider proof it.

With new gliders we squeeze them out of pouch then put pouch away. this makes them explore and check things out. Give them the pouch back when its time to go back to cage. As time goes by we now have to chase some down to get then back in cage, they start having so much fun in playroom they don't want to go back. But after about 2 hours we are ready.
First Time Glider Owner

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
First Time Glider Owner