Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
not neutored male
not neutored male
Health related
Aug 11 2016
08:47:27 PM
My baby boy is not neutored. Does that pose any health risks for him?
Health related
Aug 11 2016
09:25:08 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
no, however the risk gets greater that there will be complications the older he gets when and if you neuter him.

I know your not in a position to get him a cage mate right now... but if you are going to get him a friend at some point it would be wise to get him neutered before hand.

1 the hormones take about a month to simmer down, 2 you really don't need any kind of inbreeding since he's not lineaged you will have no idea if any potential cage mates are close relatives. 3 typically, reasonably priced male gliders are intact, two intact males can get a long but there is a great potential for them not getting along. 3 females are not "fixed" unless medically necessary and that is rare so if any one tells you that they are misinformed and ask for vet bills showing the procedure was done.
Health related
Aug 11 2016
09:52:59 PM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
Thank you soo much. He lives with me now ! (: my sister got bored of him....Shes a bitch..
Also he was just barking a second ago and I checked up on him and he was in a hiding spot type thing where I could see him. He was curled up in a ball like he does when he sleeps. He hissed too which was weird because today he pooped aall over me and Not one hiss. Maybe he's just talking? nothing seemed wrong and I've never seen him hiss while peeing. Is there a possibility he was just talking just 'cuz?
Health related
Aug 11 2016
10:47:08 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Congrats on your bouncing baby boy lol and yes they communicate in all kinds of verbal ways. My little intact guy hisses to talk to the other gliders across the room from him. `

Popcorn sounds are content happy sounds, chirping, raccoon chatter, hissing, clicking their teeth all verbal communicating . I have one that snores sometimes
Health related
Aug 12 2016
04:03:45 PM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
SNORES? I'm getting a cavity off of all that sweetness
Health related
Aug 12 2016
08:08:10 PM
for the night I mixed chopped up cherries and an apple since he didn't eat any of the banana last night and ate everything else so I'm gunna force him to have some juicy fruits by leaving only that. But, I don't wanna over hydrate
Health related
Aug 12 2016
10:44:20 PM
any protein with the fruit?
Health related
Aug 13 2016
09:21:16 AM
I have him some scrambled egg at mightnight after he ate some fruit
Health related
Aug 13 2016
09:59:27 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Try watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew melon. They are usually glider favorites and you do not need to mash them up - just cut into small glider size cubes.

he will not "over hydrate" eating fruits and vegetables.

Offering egg or some plain boiled chicken along with fruits and vegetables is OK for a temporary diet but will not keep your glider healthy long term. They are too high in phosphorus and the fruits and vegetables do not contain enough calcium to balance for the glider's needs.

If you have not yet chosen a specific glider diet to follow please look at the links on my web page for options. There are a number of widely used glider feeding plans that have proven over time to keep gliders healthy. There are links on the left side of the page for several feeding plans. My own GliderKids feeding plan is one of several options you may want to consider. Just follow the specific feeding directions for the diet you choose. Some feeding plans have specific required fruit and vegetable mixtures and others like BML have restrictions on the produce choices.

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/Staple-Recipes.html
Health related
Aug 13 2016
02:43:49 PM
I know it's temporary. I've said it before that I'm a child raising a suggie on my own so, I obviously can't afford any kind of diet yet...so yeah.
Health related
Aug 13 2016
02:47:52 PM
Thank you Candy, and I'm sorry I'm being mean; but, you remind me of my grandmothers. They tell me stuff I already know and never really answer what I ask...
not neutored male

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
not neutored male