Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Marie's SGS diet plan
Marie's SGS diet plan
Food, Diet
Aug 21 2016
08:18:09 AM
So I am adopting a sugar glider soon and want to start preparing some food.
www.sugar-glider.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=6165.0
This is the diet plan I will be using. I want to make sure I understand it exactly right.

Do I blend all the ingredients together? So I blend the fruit,veg,bee pollen,egg,yogurt,vitamins,calcium and acaci gum all together? So when it says day 1, 1 tablespoon of fruit and veg mix is it referring to all the ingredients mixed together or just fruit and veg mixed together?

Also do I need to add any linseed?

Edited by - SugarSweet23 on Aug 21 2016 08:25:20 AM
Food, Diet
Aug 21 2016
04:02:49 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I'm only familiar with this diet by name only. Most of us on this forum that post are in the United States. This diet isn't commonly used here I've only seen folks from the UK use it. There is a member on facebook who is well versed on this diet but im not sure what her name is https://www.facebook.com/groups/120028458346396/

You might find her if you post in this group^ sugar gliders around the world, or someone more familiar with the diet than we are. ORRRRRRRRR if you can find the creator of the diets name and contact info that would be even better, no one knows the diet better than the creator

Personally, this diet seems complicated to me lol and Im not a fan of blending fruits n veg, it forces the glider to eat insoluble fiber that they don't normally ingest, they spit it out. Having said that it's merely my personal opinion of it, I am diet neutral meaning It's YOUR choice what YOU feed. I feel there are better diets out there but I don't know what ingredients are available to you....

Congrats on your new baby and for getting prepared before she/he comes to you wish I could help you more
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2016
05:28:39 PM
SugarSweet23 Joey 43 Posts
Thank you for your reply! I'll contact Marie about the diet

What diet would you recommend? I use sugarglidershop.co.uk/store/ to buy all my glider ingredients.
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2016
06:11:29 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I asked Bourbon about the diet creator of this diet yesterday, I'm sorry, I was told she passed away.

I went through a couple of the pages on the site you shop at, I don't use any of those products but it looks all the makings for the hpw diets are in there. This is the critter love hpw original recipe probably the best place to start if your looking for another option .http://www.critterlovedietcenter.com/original.html
Food, Diet
Aug 25 2016
08:57:34 AM
SugarSweet23 Joey 43 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that about her. I did find someone who knows about the diet and made a batch. I might look into other diets though.
Food, Diet
Aug 25 2016
09:42:20 AM
oh thats good !! I'm glad you got some help with it I wish I could have helped more but If Im not versed on a diet I don't like to give advice on it... Good luck with your new babies
Marie's SGS diet plan

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Marie's SGS diet plan