Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
The pet glider pellets
The pet glider pellets
Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
05:23:49 PM
I have some kibble that I bought from the pet glider about a year ago for my girls but they never seemed to like it. The bag has been open before, but it's sealed in my fridge.....I was wondering if I could still try to feed it after a long time? Is it still okay to feed? Obviously not as a staple but as like a little snack:) thanks!!
Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
05:47:01 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Not if it's been stored in the fridge there is a high risk of aflatoxin in pellet food that is stored anywhere other than a freezer long term. I wouldn't risk it myself. This is based on information from a glider dying from aflatoxin in pellet food the food was tested and positive for aflatoxin.

The community then made the Jorn ACT which led to expiration dates being put on the packaging and instructions on how to store pellet food properly.

Edited by - Leela on Aug 29 2016 05:50:26 PM
Food, Diet
Aug 30 2016
01:56:15 PM
Sugarbabies48 Joey 13 Posts
Nope, don't use! It's pretty inexpensive so you should just re-purchase it.
I feed my suggies the HPW diet, along with 1 tbsp. of fruits & 1 tbsp. of veggies each glider. I leave out some of the pellets as well and they seem to snack on them here & there.
The pet glider pellets

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
The pet glider pellets