Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is it possible to spoil a sugar glider?
Food, Diet
Sep 05 2016
09:51:40 PM
I got Koko recently and I'm really working hard to find a diet she is willing to eat. So far she's refused any veggies except carrot. Her previous owner fed her exclusively fruit. Is it possible to spoil a sugar glider? That may seem like a weird question, but she's not really easy to feed and I want her to be healthy.
Food, Diet
Sep 07 2016
02:27:56 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
We have a female that is FIRST out when dinner is served. she eats the
few corn pieces and some peas, then runs to the second kitchen (we have 8
gliders in one cage) and picks out the corn pieces and peas, then goes back to the pouch until later. The mix we use only has a few bits of corn so she doesn't get to much but its still frustrating, since corn isn't the best of gliders.
We also buy live mealies, the container is like a butter container so
taking the top off makes a specific noise, the gliders come running if they
here this noise.
We have a bucket of dried mealies, if we shake the bucket it sounds like sand shaking and the gliders come to bottom of cage for their mealies.
Food, Diet
Sep 07 2016
02:39:08 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I was in a similar situation with my female. The place where I got her from (Pocket Pets) told me just to feed her apples, in addition to her pellets. I eventually learned that sugar gliders need a more varied and nutritional diet so I started with carrots, which she took to pretty quickly. She still will choose fruits over veggies, but what has helped is offering her veggies at a different time of day. Green beans, cucumber, Lima beans, cauliflower, and corn are favorites, along with carrots. You can also get a frozen veggie mix to thaw out and that gives them a nice variety as well. As far as spoiling a sugar glider, it sounds like you want her best and feeding her healthy foods and giving her lots of love will not spoil her.
Food, Diet
Sep 07 2016
07:07:48 AM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
Weird mine eat veggies over fruit hands down. I always give them fruit some nights they may pick out a couple things but unless it's watermelon or cantelope they don't really care for blueberries kiwi strawberries mango I could write a long list but I won't lol. They will eat more if it's fresh but I can't always give em fresh so I usually freeze them
Food, Diet
Sep 07 2016
08:07:36 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Pico

I got Koko recently and I'm really working hard to find a diet she is willing to eat. So far she's refused any veggies except carrot. Her previous owner fed her exclusively fruit. Is it possible to spoil a sugar glider? That may seem like a weird question, but she's not really easy to feed and I want her to be healthy.

It may take a while for a glider to adjust to eating new foods. Continue to keep offering healthy choices, but try more variety each meal.

And I do believe that gliders can get spoiled, mine are little brats . Honestly though, I do not think you can over spoil your pets.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders