Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Joey not eating or drinking!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 06 2016
05:14:28 AM
So, I recently bought my new male Joey from a breeder I am less than satisfied with...it was incredibly hard to keep in tough with her. The day I was to meet her, she didn't respond until an hour before...and trying to get in contact with her before that was even more of a nightmare.

With that being said, I have this Joey who is supposedly 2 months OOP 9/1. His tail IS fluffy, but he is not eating and I can't get him to drink. He lapped at his nectar, a pedialite mixture with water, for all of one second (thankfully) but I'm worried sick because the breeder said "his mother must not of ever taught him how to eat"...and also said "I don't feed them". Whatever that means, if she doesn't HAND feed them or...worse.

I am beside myself, he is barely warned up to me and I am terrified that he will become sick. My breeder is no help!!! I've tried applesauce, water from a cap, small bowls to feed him, yogies....

The good thing is that he is not lethargic, that he is very active. But how long until...yeah. You can do the math..

Edited by - Madibeavers on Sep 06 2016 05:15:13 AM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 06 2016
07:25:46 PM
Christy626 Glider 51 Posts
This may help you and get you started until a more experienced person here can respond. Error, missing URL. m
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 06 2016
07:27:21 PM
Christy626 Glider 51 Posts
Well the link didn't work Let me try again

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/glidervet-52.htm
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 06 2016
09:02:28 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
How long have you had him?
Maybe he will lick honey off your finger, or yogurt, applesauce.
What glider diet is he on? Search the Gliderpedia if you haven't chosen a diet yet.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders