Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How to tell if a glider is constipated?
Health related
Oct 25 2016
09:06:53 PM
Hi! My little girl seems to be acting normal. She seems to finally be warming up to me, and sometimes crabs once or twice before realizing it's me, then doesn't really care if I pick her up during the day (I normally pick her up and pin the bottom of my sweater into a pouch to carry her around in)

She was running around my room a minute ago and sitting on top of my head for a while.

She seems to be okay. Her underbelly is white, her eyes are clear, her nose is pink. But she appears to pee when waking up, but nothing else...

How can you tell if they're constipated? And what do you do?

She's on the TPG diet and I've been using blackberries, blueberries, banana, carrots, green beans, red bell pepper, and kiwi in her food that she's been eating for the last week.

I'm worried. Any idea how I can tell?

I'm deaf, so please don't give me sounds to listen for.

Also, any tips on trimming her claws?
Health related
Oct 26 2016
05:53:38 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
So, you haven't seen her poo, but are there droppings on the bottom of the cage?
Health related
Oct 28 2016
10:15:07 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I took a piece of fleece and made a small pouch out of it, then cut a small hole in it.
The gliders inside of pouch are usually more relaxed.
Put in a few live mealworms for them to chew on and pull out a leg and start cutting. Works BEST with 2 people, one holds the pouch and glider steady the other cuts nails. but my wife has done it alone too.
I have tried several ways, in fleece cloth, in netted pouch and this has worked the best by FAR.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders