Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider not eating
Glider not eating
Food, Diet
Nov 21 2016
10:40:41 PM
So we started our glider on the BML diet about three days ago. 5the first night we gave him a cube and he ate the majority of it, the second night we gave him another cube and it looked like he didn't touch it much, now it is the third night and this time we gave him some corn and apple as his fruits and veggies and he's only eaten some of the fruit and veggies but none of the BML cube.. he's already very small and I'm scared he doesn't like it...
Food, Diet
Nov 21 2016
11:41:24 PM
Dalton63841 Glider Visit Dalton63841's Photo Album 51 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by maeganw

So we started our glider on the BML diet about three days ago. 5the first night we gave him a cube and he ate the majority of it, the second night we gave him another cube and it looked like he didn't touch it much, now it is the third night and this time we gave him some corn and apple as his fruits and veggies and he's only eaten some of the fruit and veggies but none of the BML cube.. he's already very small and I'm scared he doesn't like it...

My girls did exactly the same thing, and it turned out they didn't like it. I would say keep feeding it, as it will eat what it needs to survive, so don't worry there. It's entirely possible it just needs a few days to get used to it. If after a week it is still refusing most or all of it, it'll be time to try a different diet.

Mine turned out to like HPW, if it helps. Yours may prefer a different one. Just have to find one it likes.

Edited by - Dalton63841 on Nov 21 2016 11:45:42 PM
Food, Diet
Nov 22 2016
07:44:06 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I'm just waking up and getting my first sips of coffee so I don't remember how old your gliders are?

3 Days is not long for a new diet, If they are eating the fruits n veg ok you can put the bml over the fruits n veg and stir them up so if they just pick out the fruits n veg they will still get some of the bml

On the bml website read all the special notes and tips, they might help
Glider not eating

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider not eating