Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Our Visit to Grandma
Our Visit to Grandma
Funny
Dec 18 2016
01:41:06 AM
Let me start by saying that Koko has a travel cage, and anytime I'm going to be gone with her and even possibly stay gone, we bring it...

Yesterday Koko and I had a bit of an adventure. We live in the Midwest, and as anyone who's spent much time here knows, our weather can change pretty quickly this time of year. I looked at the weather earlier in the day and it looked pretty clear, so we went out to visit grandma. She likes her grand-glider and doesn't mind me bringing her, as long as she stays in her pouch. We're not there for more than half an hour and the weather shifts, and before I realize it, the roads are unsafe to drive. We're stuck. So, with no other options, and without her travel cage, we decide to spend the night.

Grandma searches her house, but after quite a bit of looking we cannot find anything that I know is both glider proof and hasn't had chemicals in it. Earlier in the day I got a carry-pouch thing my mom ordered me that looked like it might work, so I trim off the excess threads and give Koko some food to keep her fed and hydrated, and we go to bed.

I wake up at about 3 am and like any concerned glider parent, I go check on her. She crabs as soon as I touch the pouch. Well...I wasn't really surprised. I'd be mad if I was stuck in a pouch during my awake hours too. She gnawed a bit on the plastic mesh and kept banging her nose against it angrily. So, I decided I'd take her into the bathroom for some bonding time, to let her run around a bit (grandma DID say I could do this if I needed to...). So I put Koko into the tub with me and pulled the shower curtain closed, making sure the plastic liner was in the way.

Or so I thought... Koko ran around happily for a few minutes. This was our first experience bonding with her where she was able to roam around much (my bathroom is NOT glider proofable and I do not have a tent yet). She was pretty happy. This was her first time climbing on top of my head! Well...Know how I said I shut the plastic shower curtain really well? I missed a little edge. It couldn't have been more than half an inch wide! In seconds, she was staring down at me from the shower curtain rod.

Mom heard me to Koko somewhat frantically and asked if I needed help. Sooo...we spent the next several minutes trying to catch a glider that was PERFECTLY happy where she was. Then, something AMAZING happened. Koko GLIDED! This was her first ever glide. She aimed for the counter but I stuck out my arm and she landed on me! And promptly darted over my head and onto the towel rack...and back up the shower curtain. So a minute later she glides down again, this time right AT me! I manage to catch her before she makes it back up the curtain and get her into her old pouch that she likes a lot (with more food of course!). We left as SOON as the roads thawed, and she got right on her wheel.
Funny
Dec 18 2016
11:18:18 AM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
Sounds like an amazing night! I'm sure she can forgive you for locking her up after that :P
Our Visit to Grandma

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Our Visit to Grandma