Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HPW and treats
HPW and treats
Food, Diet
Jan 01 2017
12:20:57 PM
Hello, I was just wondering... does the HPW 1/2 tbsp with 1 tbsp fruits and 1 tbsp veggies include daytime treats? I feed him that amount every night, and by 7 am he's up again looking for food, but he's eaten it all already! So I usually give him a small snack I spoil him. I was just wondering if maybe the amount recommended isn't completely enough? Should I feed him more daily treats?
Food, Diet
Jan 01 2017
06:01:19 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I think the treats are extra. If I get up early enough, I give treats in the morning after they have eaten their fill of the real food. But of course, if they see me at night, and beg for treats, how can I resist?
Food, Diet
Jan 01 2017
06:18:13 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
i would slightly increase the healthy food first, hpw and fruits and veggies. ours dont eat all their food. but we do give them to many treats of yogurt drops and mealies. 2 out of 10 are full size at 160 grams. but the rest are average.
1 tbsp is listed as 24 grams on critterlove.com i think.
Food, Diet
Jan 01 2017
07:16:18 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
It just feels like he gets so much food at night! It's like he's eating his own weight in food He does only weigh 120 grams, which is low side of normal, but still in the "good weight" range according to the vet
Food, Diet
Jan 02 2017
12:51:17 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
That's fine, just resist over indulging, lol.
HPW and treats

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HPW and treats