Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diarrhea 8 weeks old
Diarrhea 8 weeks old
Health related
Jan 14 2017
05:27:48 PM
Hello, My Suggie has diahrea today, she hasnt had any before, she is acting ok otherwise.
Should i give her unflavored pedialight ?
I thought about getting a eye droper and guve het aome
Every 2 hours and suggestions ?
Thank you
Health related
Jan 14 2017
05:34:13 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
What did you feed her for the last two days, everything including snacks and drinks
Health related
Jan 14 2017
05:55:21 PM
PipersGlider Glider Visit PipersGlider's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
Hello, the same things apple without peeling and sweetpotatoe and vitamix with protein food and calcium powder untill i can get othet food ordered recomended here.
She did get her nails (manicured :) ) trimmed at vets 2 days ago and was checked out to be healthy he said and they dis a fecal too said it was ok.
Oh and gerber yogurt melts for a treat but ehe only ate leaa then half a one , i was trying to get something for a treat she liked

Edited by - PipersGlider on Jan 14 2017 05:58:40 PM
Health related
Jan 14 2017
06:17:28 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
is the sweet potato raw, cooked, baby food??

Ok usually runny poo or diarrhea is most commonly food related, considering she was just at the vet and is said to be healthy lets go with diet.

I get, it may take you some time to gather up the ingredients for what ever diet you decided to go with but that baby needs more than she is currently getting. There are some other things she can eat.

NO Seasonings oils or butters when prepping food for gliders.

proteins she can have......... boiled or baked chicken, boiled or baked turkey, boiled or scrambled eggs ( no milk just eggs ), yogurt ( no artificial sweeteners )

fruits.... watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, grapes, cherries, blueberries

veg........ green beans, peas, corn ( not every night ), carrots

take one item from each group per night. so for example tonight feed, scrambled egg, green beans ( not canned ) and watermelon. Then rotate the next night, with a different protein, different veg n diff fruit UNTIL you get her on a staple diet. This is NOT a long term feeding plan, but it can be temporarily until you get her on a well known diet.

Yogurt and eggs are pretty inexpensive, so is a bag of frozen veg ( then pick out green beans, or corn or peas what ever through the week then one or two nights give the whole mix instead of separating specific ones out ) I use fruit cups already pre cut which is like 3 bucks in the deli section of the grocery store. This all pretty inexpensive to gather up.

For now, until you get her on an established well known diet, stop sprinkling calcium on her food, that may be contributing to her runny poo. It's not going to do any major damage to go a week or two without calcium until you get her on a diet with calcium distributed evenly in it in a measured amount.

If your feeding sweet potato raw, stop. Raw Sweet potato has an enzyme in it that prevents the body from utilizing protein properly. The enzyme is neutralized after cooking to make it safe to eat.

Edited by - Leela on Jan 14 2017 06:37:49 PM
Health related
Jan 15 2017
05:23:10 AM
PipersGlider Glider Visit PipersGlider's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
Thank you, I wrote all you said and Put it on my fridge, I went shopping and got all the things said below and started her on it she loves the new foods.Also I got the BML staple diet stuff to make it but I have to order one item on the BML it wasn't at the pet store , when it comes in I will start that.
I tossed the sprinkle calcium powder away :) I am glad I know about the sweet potatoes now too.
I know this doesn't relate to the food questions but When can I allow her to have more freedom, right now she is in the cage or bonding pouch or on me walking around ?
How do I know when she totally bonded to me ? Should I let other people pet or hold her while She's still bonding ?
Thank you again !!!
Diarrhea 8 weeks old

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diarrhea 8 weeks old