Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ebony sorong coloration?
Ebony sorong coloration?
Question
Jan 29 2017
11:51:03 PM
One of my recently adopted girls, I was told, is an ebony sorong. This is a coloration I've never heard of, and I'm trying to get some clarification. There is a pet store that apparently breeds them, so I called them today to ask, and their explanation didn't clear things up for me at all: they're darker than standard greys, but they're not BB or BFBB. They're neither more petite nor more robust than other gliders. They're just darker.

That's the only explanation they had. Well, ok...Melisande is markedly darker than Musette, and most definitely a lot more petite. But she's still lighter in color than Maverick, who's a standard grey, and he's darker than all of my other gliders, enough so that I can easily tell him apart from everyone else without batting an eye.

I was wondering if anyone else knows anything about this coloration and could explain it to me? All nine of mine look like standard greys to me, so clearly I'm not understanding what the difference is. This is Melisande, hopefully pictured below!

I don't know why the picture keeps coming up sideways...

Edited by - arcticfurmom on Jan 29 2017 11:54:41 PM
Question
Jan 30 2017
06:21:08 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
The only one that I know of that knows about Sorong's is Bourbon, She told me a little about them but I don't remember what she said, so if you wanted to know more contact her on facebook https://www.facebook.com/bourbonh
Ebony sorong coloration?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ebony sorong coloration?