Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Need help encouragement with bonding
Rescue
Mar 11 2017
11:55:37 AM
I got Stella about a week ago. She is around ten weeks old. She is terrified of me, I give her treats when I can and she lets me pet her sometimes. After I work, I'll put my work shirt that I wore in her cage and she has been sleeping In them. But when it comes to me coming back around her from work or school or in the morning she crabs so much. And every time she has been in the bonding pounce with me, she crabs at anything and everything. I just want her to be happy and not afraid in her new home and with me. She will not let me pick her up (she squirms out of my hands or runs). Someone help. I just want her to be happy and I just want to be a good owner to her.
Rescue
Mar 11 2017
04:02:19 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

1. feed her healthy diet.
2. give her a good running wheel and foraging cups (some night time treats.) and few toys for her to play with.
3. a proper sized cage.

THAT will make a great start to a good owner.

4. give her some days. Then give her some weeks. THEN give her some months.
do your bonding stuff, read about different ways and tricks, if she spends enough time with you she will eventually learn you are not a threat and she will stop crabbing at you.

YOU and specially STELLA need time.
Rescue
Mar 11 2017
08:18:05 PM
Glider questions Joey 29 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

1. feed her healthy diet.
2. give her a good running wheel and foraging cups (some night time treats.) and few toys for her to play with.
3. a proper sized cage.

THAT will make a great start to a good owner.

4. give her some days. Then give her some weeks. THEN give her some months.
do your bonding stuff, read about different ways and tricks, if she spends enough time with you she will eventually learn you are not a threat and she will stop crabbing at you.

YOU and specially STELLA need time.

also did you rush the bonding process? that is a problem you should let her get used to the cage she is in

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders