Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BONDING HELP
BONDING HELP
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 21 2017
09:56:52 PM
hi so i need help with my suggies. 1 of them hates the pouch so i cant take her out without her drawing blood from the pouch!! The other is Ok i put her in the pouch and then i open the pouch and put my hand in it and let here climb on it and it is going great, i also put here on a tent with me. but it is taking so so so long to bond them to me. any ideas? what worked for you? Also any ideas about the one that hates the pouch?

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 22 2017
06:27:54 AM
sh00ter Joey Visit sh00ter's Photo Album 32 Posts
have had my guys for close to a month now so just a newbie but learned a lot from how they behave and their memory.
I doubt that suggie hates you, but may hate THAT particular pouch.
how I got my guys in the tent for the 1st week was put their sleeping pouch on the bottom of the cage and hang the bonding pouch until the went in.
They got smart to that and wouldn't go in. then I made a LARGE sleeping pouch so I can fold the top over until safely in the tent. that stopped working too.
now I just use a larger piece of fleece and let them come out of the cage on their own.probably not great idea for starting off but I know these two cant be separated so if niko(my crazy one) makes a run for it I just go into the tent with flake and niko will be there shortly. so far the longest he lasted without his brother was 3 min.

just try not to use fleece and not your hands is the best I can give
oh and picking a junk sweatshirt they can pee on (and not washing it)and only used for tent time helped a lot, they love the front pocket
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 22 2017
06:45:47 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
What kind of pouch is it, can you post a pic?

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 22 2017
02:41:24 PM
Glider questions Joey 29 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Leela

What kind of pouch is it, can you post a pic?

dont know how to
BONDING HELP

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BONDING HELP