Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Perfect Sugar Glider Cage?
Information
Mar 28 2017
09:29:06 AM
I'm very new to the forum and I've been looking around for a cage that works well for sugar gliders. 24 deep by 24 wide by 36 height seems to be the minimum dimensions that you should have. The wire bars should be no more than 1/2 inch apart and should be horizontal for them to climb on.
What kind of cages do you have for your gliders? Do you use those tall ferret cages? Or bird cages? Or have you had to build your own?
Information
Mar 28 2017
12:44:19 PM
JLR Glider Visit JLR's Photo Album JLR's Journal Canada 95 Posts
I have a Critter Nation (aka All Living Things) double high cage and I love it. I removed the inner shelf so there's lots of room
Information
Mar 28 2017
07:43:18 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
The cages JLR mentioned are very good cages and very popular. They check off all your boxes, but it's not necessarily true that sugar gliders must have horizontal bars. They can, will, and do climb vertical bars very well. I personally looked into the DNC or ALT cages, but personally prefer the vertical bars on cages, so opted for HQ Large Sturdy from SunCoast Gliders. You can get a cage more adapted for sugar gliders, also HQ but sold through EN called the Congo cage. The Brisbane size from EN and the HQ Sturdy by SunCoast are also good sizes for a pair to possibly a trio of gliders. I have also had the Madagascar cage from EN that housed my trio nicely before I move across country and left it behind.
Information
Mar 28 2017
07:54:43 PM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
I use the Brisbane cage for 2 gliders.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders