Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What coloring is this glider??
Question
Apr 29 2017
12:20:11 AM
I recently (within the last few days) rescued this 3 year old glider from a friend. He had gotten the glider from his now ex girlfriend who never took care of him in the first place. Anyway, she spend a heavy penny on the glider and he definitely doesn't look like a classic to me. The picture doesn't do his tail lightness justice. It turns practically white at at the end. I figured I'd reach out to the community for some guesses on his coloring. It's not that big of a deal just curious. Thanks!
Question
Apr 29 2017
12:40:39 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Congratulations on your new glider!
My best guess would be platinum/silver mosaic. He looks too light to be a standard grey. He looks very much like mine who is a platinum mosaic/leucistic het. (with an all white tail).
Question
Apr 29 2017
01:26:18 AM
Poss Glider Visit Poss's Photo Album MO, USA 118 Posts
Some of my white-faced gliders also have lighter tails.. I think it's just a white faced? Maybe a Leu HET?
I'd rule out powdered / platinum mosaic if there's no extra white splotches or markings separate from the tail.
Question
May 01 2017
02:58:15 AM
BranWilslore Joey Visit BranWilslore's Photo Album 20 Posts
Thanks for both of your input!! He is pretty young still so getting a picture has been difficult for me :P. I guess it'll be a mystery. He doesn't have any light or white patches other than his tail and face. I was debating between a silver mosiac and a white faced blonde. Any input on the blonde guess? I think I'll also be throwing in the Lue HET as well and then comparing all of results from those. Haha.
Question
May 01 2017
04:30:14 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Leu het just look like standart grey since Leu is totally recessive, so that wouldnt account for the clear tip (he can still be Leu het, but there's no way to know without his lineage (or if eventually he fathers Leu joeys).
Question
May 02 2017
11:03:34 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
This is the best explanation of Hets.

http://www.glidernursery.com/heterozygous.html

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders