Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
gliders not finishing their food
Food, Diet
May 01 2017
12:03:01 AM
So lily and liam are approximately 3-4months old and i am giving them the bml diet, they do not seem to be finishing their fruits and veggies, that i am putting with the bml, it says I should put 1 tablespoon veggies and 1 table spoon fruits, they usually finish all the bml but not the fruits or veggies, ive put apples, papaya, grapes, corn, peas and carrots, i have also tried mix the bml in with the fruits and veggies and kept it seperate, both ways they only enjoy the bml and leave the rest, is this normal or should i be worried. They are both on antibiotics also, as one has a little sniffle and one had some white stuff come out with his poo
Food, Diet
May 01 2017
12:24:43 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much that they're not finishing their fruits and veggies. This is pretty normal and mine are the same way. Just this morning I noticed more was left than usual. Some days most everything is gone. But you're giving them a nice variety and they're still eating the BML so I think they should be fine. You could always follow up with your vet if you're concerned. Speedy recovery to your gliders!
Food, Diet
May 01 2017
06:58:39 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
Try just feeding them one fruit/veggies at a time so you can work out what they like and don't like. My girl refuses to eat carrots so I just don't give them to her, and she refuses apples entirely.

Also it's possible they're feeling a tad crummy from the antibiotics, I'd say just give em time and figure out what they like.
Food, Diet
May 02 2017
01:11:18 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
we feed ours HPW with fruits and veggies.
we always feed them everything the diet calls for, every day. they dont eat some of the fruits and veggies most days. but since its can be hard to tell what they are eating and what they might not eat, I suggest following the diet, (maybe reduce amount given some) and let them eat what they eat.

we got a 3 colony awhile ago, for the first few weeks they didnt touch fruits and veggies, then after a month they started eating a few bites, another month and now they eat the fruits and veggies up really well.

one day they might eat some fruit and some days not, so that is why I suggest stay with what the diet calls for.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders