Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar glider possibly ate paint chips from wall behind cage.
Health related
May 11 2017
03:09:04 AM
I went to feed my sugar gliders tonight and relised that a quarter sided amount of paint was missing from my wall behind their cage. Im not sure if it peeled off because they peed on it or they picked it off. I also noticed that one of them was missing some fur above her eyes Im not sure if it related or not?!?!. Im not sure what to do because no vet is open because it is 4 am. Is there anything that can be done if they ingested it?!? Im low key freaking out. Im going to get a vet appointment asap but if here anything I can do until then???

Edited by - Clwatt21499 on May 13 2017 04:52:39 PM
Health related
May 13 2017
01:57:28 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
How are your gliders doing? I highly doubt they would have eaten the paint chips, it's possible they jyst picked at the wall and threw the chips.

Even if they did ear then if they haven't showed any signs of illness is say that they're probably fine.

Missing hair above the eyes is a pretty common thing and it's caused by over grooming.
Health related
May 13 2017
04:53:54 PM
Clwatt21499 Starting Member 2 Posts
So far there doing ok! Im taking them to the vet on monday. Just to be safe.
Health related
May 13 2017
05:31:23 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
As Emris said missing hair over the eyes can be caused by over grooming. Sugar gliders over grooming for many reasons. Some got in the habit of it and never stopped. Others do it due to stress or boredom. Try to look into what could be causing the over grooming and see if it's something you can fix.

Good luck! I really hope they didn't eat the paint chips.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders