Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Introducing new glider
Introducing new glider
Question
May 26 2017
09:01:17 AM
Hi guys so I have 2 female suggies and now I have to take in 1 new female suggie, and I have question around introducing new suggie to suggies.

I have tried to exchange their toys before, as I read it could help to make them familiar to each other scent. I have also put them together in a neutral place such as bathub, and it came out fine. They sniffed each other and my two suggies event groomed the new one a bit, although the new one was really scared and hardly moved, but the new one also sniffed them back.

Now I am trying to put them together in my two gliders's cage. I have tried this about 3 times, and I put Miko(my new glider) in her hammock and put it inside Hua and Bing (my two gliders) cage. In all of those attempts, Hua always attack Miko at the first. But then, there were the time where Bing went into Miko's hammock followed by Hua, and all of them just chilling in there (Miko was really nervous tho, as she only stays quiet and closed her eyes lol). Bing never attacks Miko. In fact, I think Hua followed Bing's nice behavior towards Miko, but Hua always attacks Miko at the first.

I will still do this, to let them become more comfortable with each other. But please let me know if I'm doing this wrong, and also let me know if you have any tips for me.

Thanks!
Question
May 26 2017
09:05:12 AM
Hadi1397 Joey 12 Posts
And they sometimes barked (the puppy like sound) and make a "tktktktktk" (???) Sounds when they sniffed each other in cage. Does this means something? I know they barked to communicate, but what is the tktktktk (??????) Sound means?
Question
May 26 2017
12:01:17 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
the cage they are all put in should be a neutral cage completely clean of all scent. once you put them in a scented cage the territorial instincts may kick in and sounds like Hua wants to defend her homeland.

You say Hua attacks ONCE. We adopted a 2 and 1 from a friend, they had tried introductions but the female of the 2 always chased around the female 1. We put cages together and they seemed fine, we put in bathtub and they were great. we put in NEUTRAL cage and they slept together great, then at night the female of the 2 "sweet pea" gave a small short chase to jasmine if she got in her face. happened ONCE a night maybe. NO fight and sweet pea never caught jasmine. so we let them stay together. after about one month the short chase stopped. If I feed them dried mealworms jasmine sits away and will sometime be protective of her area during this time. other then that they are great together.

ps once you put them in cage together, if they dont FIGHT its best to leave them together. We do introductions in morning hours so they will sniff, then fall to sleep together.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on May 26 2017 12:02:32 PM
Question
May 28 2017
09:15:05 AM
Hadi1397 Joey 12 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I just tried to put them together again. Hua, once again, attacked Miko, ONCE. I observed the three of them for a pretty long time in case there were gonna be any more attack. But they actually started to play together, so then I decided to leave them be, and checked them about once every 15 to 30 minutes, and they were okay. The next morning, I found them sleeping together in Hua and Bing's hammock, even tho Miko's hammock was there too.

Is there any possible chance that the attack will happens again in this condition? They seems really chill tho
Question
Jun 01 2017
04:03:21 PM
JohnyLee Starting Member 2 Posts
Hello,

Usually Sugar gliders are playful, so if you are doing it in a neutral place I think its good. Just constantly watch out your pets at meetings and they must to be longer and longer.
Introducing new glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Introducing new glider