GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pink bump on scent gland?
Health related
May 29 2017
08:05:09 PM
Hi!
So normally, with a sugar glider, the scent gland on the top of the head is just that- a spot on the head where the fur simply doesn't grow. Well, with my one boy, comet, his scent gland is.... not normal. There seems to be this sorta.. raised bump where it is.. and it seems kind of... pinkish? I'm, not really sure what it is. My mom has already agreed to taking the mm both in to make sure they didn't get anything yucky from opi. ( rip opi #10084;#65039;)
And when he curls up on me inside my shirt or something he makes this clicking noise.. like if you made a clicking noise with the tip of your tounge. Is he like, in pain or something? ( clearly i am clueless )
Health related
May 30 2017
01:30:07 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Clicking noise isn't bad thing. It means they are happy.

Does his bump look anything like that? ^^

If it is like that then it's nothing to worry about. It may just be an impacted gland, like a pimple. It should go away after a while.

If it doesn't start to go down within a week or has some kind of discharge then it is something to worry about.

It's still best to have a vet check it to make sure.

Edited by - lilsistar on May 30 2017 01:31:23 AM
Health related
May 30 2017
05:39:55 AM
Glidingcameron Glider Visit Glidingcameron's Photo Album 128 Posts
Uhhh.... the bump is on the scent gland on the top of his head, and it's this little bump that looks like it's coming from undwr his skin, like a tumor or something. It's pink at the top and there is no "hole" if you know what I mean. It's sorta in the middle of the scent gland?
Health related
May 30 2017
08:59:30 AM
That's a picture of the scent gland on the chest with a little red bump on it. I was trying to figure out if it looked anything like that but on the head.

You could always post a picture of it :)
Health related
May 30 2017
01:39:00 PM
I guess it looks a little big like that, but it doesn't have what looks like the hole. If anyone knows what I'm talking about.
Health related
Jun 04 2017
01:31:28 PM
Ok, I know it's been a while, and I'm sorry. The bump seems to have some brown gunk on it. And both sugar gliders seem to have wet chest scent glands?
Health related
Jun 05 2017
02:51:46 AM
Brown gunk doesn't sound like a normal thing to me. I think you should get that checked by a vet or at least get a second opinion by someone more experienced.

Males have two scent glands, one on the head and one on the chest. They can become wet looking when they are using the glands.

I hope this helps you :)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders