Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Concerned About Leaving My Glider For A Few Days
Question
Jul 05 2017
05:01:14 PM
Okay so I am going camping at the end of the month from the 21st to the 31st and obviously I can't take my glider with me because for one , he isn't exactly 100% bonded to me yet, meaning he won't let me hold him without him running all over me trying to get away, and he runs from me when I reach into his cage. Secondly , I would be sleeping in a tent and so taking his cage isn't an option.
My coworker has a sugar glider and she said she can Glider sit for me while I camp, so I know he will be well cared for , my only worry is, since he isn't bonded to me completely yet, will leaving him for that many days be a huge set back in the bonding process? I don't want to have to start over but I will if I have to, but it would break my heart to lose all the progress I have made.
Has anyone left their gliders for so many days and then came back and we're still bonded?
Question
Jul 05 2017
11:46:19 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
It'd probably make him a bit more hesitant with you, maybe a bit sad. But it won't be the end of the world. My fully bonded glider I had to leave for 3 weeks and when I came back he was completely fine! But others may handle separation differently. When you come back just keep him in his pouch, or do whatever you do to bond with him a bit more than usual so he knows you are there for him. Maybe hand feed a few (healthy!) treats ;)

If there are any setbacks in the bonding just go backwards until he is comfortable again and pick up from there.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders