Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Could he really be 8 weeks?
Question
Aug 23 2017
11:27:26 PM

This is my first glider, Nimbus. I adopted him from an exotic animal rescue (not gliders) that had a pair of bonded male/female gliders surrendered. However, the female got pregnant before they had the male neutered. I was just taking a tour and they mentioned this guy and I fell in love. I'm now thinking I may have heard him wrong, but I thought the rescue said he was "8 weeks old." After getting home I did some research and now I'm thinking he looks older to me. Sorry that there's no size comparison pic, he's pretty scared and nippy at this point so getting pics is hard. They also said he was male but I'm not seeing a clear pom pom as of yet, though it's hard to tell with all his fur.

It's not a big deal either way, no matter his age or sex, but just curious. I'll love him either way! He's got a new Brisbane cage and accessory kit arriving tomorrow, as well as a nice TheSugarBearStore cage set. I've kept him on the instant-HPW the rescue had him on with a tablespoon of fruits and a tablespoon of veg each night. I don't want to introduce him to too much at one time, so next week we're gonna try meal worms a few times a week :)

For those concerned about him being a single, he was the only baby they had. After I get him settled, a little more bonded with me, and neutered, I'll be looking at rescues for a companion glider for him. Any advice/beginner tips/criticism are also very much appreciated :D
Question
Aug 24 2017
12:01:54 AM
bamarbl Starting Member 3 Posts
m.facebook.com/HeartofDixieGliders

She will tell you anything you need to know just message your question/concern. I've known her for years.
Question
Aug 24 2017
01:52:51 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Just looking at the picture, he looks younger than 8 weeks to me. His eyes still have the baby look to me. Of course I could be wrong.

Pom pom should be pretty easy to see... Or all of my males had big pom poms.
Question
Aug 24 2017
06:54:07 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
looks about 8 maybe 9 weeks to me.
Question
Aug 24 2017
12:27:15 PM
sahana.kargi Joey Visit sahana.kargi's Photo Album 37 Posts
Oh my he is just precious! One of the most adorable gliders I have ever seen!! Also, what color is he? Is he a luecistic? Also, I would say he is about 8 weeks, 10 at most. My baby looked a lot like that and I got him at 10 weeks oop.
Question
Aug 24 2017
08:32:17 PM
ajmckay Starting Member Visit ajmckay's Photo Album 5 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I'll definitely check Heart of Dixie gliders out, she sounds like a great resource. I was able to get a glimpse at what I think is his pom pom today. I had to put gloves on to do it, which I had been avoiding up till now, but oh well.
Question
Aug 24 2017
08:33:51 PM
ajmckay Starting Member Visit ajmckay's Photo Album 5 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by sahana.kargi

Oh my he is just precious! One of the most adorable gliders I have ever seen!! Also, what color is he? Is he a luecistic? Also, I would say he is about 8 weeks, 10 at most. My baby looked a lot like that and I got him at 10 weeks oop.

Thank you, he was just too cute to pass up! I was actually on vacation so we bonded during the 10 hour car ride home haha. And yup, he is leucistic.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders