Sugar Gliders
Staining..
Staining..
Question
Aug 28 2017
06:40:37 AM
Hi guys,
I've had my babies for 3 years now..
I remember clearly that they were gray with white bellies when I got them.
Now they are all brownish with yellow bellies..
Earlier in the years, I fed them HPW with fruits and veggies though they don't like their veggies too much. Now I've changed their diet to Priscilla Price diet and it's been a year and I still don't see a change in their colour.
Can someone please tell me what is wrong or is this just normal?
So jealous seeing all those with beautiful coat of gray fur..
And yes, I regularly clean their cage.

Edited by - Cashmere on Aug 28 2017 06:55:35 AM
Question
Aug 28 2017
09:43:06 PM
Effsan Glider Visit Effsan's Photo Album 64 Posts
Hello Cashmere,

I would like to here some answers on this too!

I've had my 2 gliders for 7 months now. I feed them BML with fruits and vege in the BML list.

I notice that one of my gliders, she's brownish some weeks, some weeks more grey. I don't do anything differently, that I can think of.

Cashmere, can you share picture of your gliders if you don't mind? would like to see if our brownish is similar.
Question
Aug 28 2017
10:28:54 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
how often is regularly ?

In my opinion yellow bellies isn't "staining" staining is where the grey is brown or a white leu is brown or orange rather than white. The top half of the coat.

Yellow bellies isn't diet related in my opinion either it's from marking and remarking things in their cage, which happens when you clean frequently, use heavily scented laundry soap etc....
Question
Aug 28 2017
10:30:12 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
how often is regularly ?

In my opinion yellow bellies isn't "staining" staining is where the grey is brown or a white leu is brown or orange rather than white. The top half of the coat.

Yellow bellies isn't diet related in my opinion either it's from marking and remarking things in their cage, which happens when you clean frequently, use heavily scented laundry soap etc....
Question
Aug 29 2017
02:28:19 AM
Cashmere Joey Visit Cashmere's Photo Album 20 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Leela

how often is regularly ?

I wipe their cage every single day and they have a thin bedding at the bottom of cage and I change that everyday too.. The only thing I don't change daily is their hammock. That one is a monthly or 2 thing.. I've read somewhere previously that it may be related to their diet that's why I changed their diet but I don't see the difference after a year on the new diet. Anyway, I'm just worried if it's something serious or leading to something serious and that there's something else I should be looking into.
Question
Aug 29 2017
03:04:51 AM
Hi Effsan,

I don't know if you can see it clearly from here but here goes..

quote:
Originally posted by Effsan

Hello Cashmere,

I would like to here some answers on this too!

I've had my 2 gliders for 7 months now. I feed them BML with fruits and vege in the BML list.

I notice that one of my gliders, she's brownish some weeks, some weeks more grey. I don't do anything differently, that I can think of.

Cashmere, can you share picture of your gliders if you don't mind? would like to see if our brownish is similar.

Edited by - Cashmere on Aug 29 2017 03:07:11 AM
Question
Aug 31 2017
04:12:39 AM
Here is a better photo of the colour difference..
They were pure white and gray like that little one
but became cinnamon like that big boy when they grow older..

Edited by - Cashmere on Aug 31 2017 04:13:34 AM
Question
Sep 04 2017
03:07:35 AM
Anyone able to help me out or have any info?
Question
Sep 04 2017
08:50:04 PM
Effsan Glider Visit Effsan's Photo Album 64 Posts
Hello Cashmere,

sorry I have no answer for you. My gliders are a little yellowish on the underbelly sometimes but not as brown as shown in your pics. As I mentioned earlier, the yellowness comes and goes so I don't really know why either.

I do hope a more knowledgeable and experienced person can help with your queries.
Question
Sep 04 2017
10:28:55 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I'm not really sure of the answer either. But I remember when I adopted my first glider, a standard gray, the breeder told me that it's very common for them to turn brown as they get older. I was just looking at a couple pictures of her, taken just minutes apart, and in one she looks brown and in the other she looks gray. Honestly, I think it just depends on the glider. My second glider is a platinum mosaic/leucistic het....so not the best example
Your babies are so beautiful! Enjoy!
Question
Sep 15 2017
04:47:43 AM
Thank you guys for your replies..
As long as there is nothing for me to worry about, I'm fine with it..
Glad to know that it's nothing serious and that it's pretty normal.
Thank you.. :)
Staining..

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Staining..