Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Tent time
Tent time
Question
Sep 08 2017
06:42:11 PM
Whens the best time for tent time? Before or after meal time? What works best for you guys? I thought I had read that you should do it before but I tried that last night and they played a few minutes and then went for their pouch.
Question
Sep 09 2017
01:37:54 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Tent time I found works best at night when they are awake. Once you figure out the time they usually wake up then you can take them out right before that time. Doing that makes it easier to transport them from the cage to the tent. Once they wake up and leave the pouch, make it so they can't get to it.

Try and keep the room pretty dark. Gliders don't like the light. When it's time to put them back, turn on the lights and offer them the pouch again. Usually when the lights are on they go into the pouch. This will help get them into the cage easier.

I usually brought the food into the tent with me and hand feed them the food. This way they would learn to trust me. Any food that wasn't eaten I would then put in the cage when I put them back.

Once they begin bonding to you, you can skip some of the tips. These tips work best with new, unpredictable gliders. Of course you can use them with bonded gliders, but it isn't necessary. All gliders are different. Want works for me may not work for you. Take people's tips and modify them to work for you. :)
Question
Sep 09 2017
10:17:37 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
Our gliders start coming out of pouch at 9:30 pm. So we usually take the pouch to playroom at 9pm. We put their food in the room as well so if they want to they can eat.
*keeps lights low
* give them something to do. running wheel, ropes, cat tower, ball pit, us.
* TAKE AWAY SLEEPING POUCH. with pouch available they may just go back to sleep, so we force them to get some run around play time. After playtime is over we give them access back to pouch, by then some want to say out and getting them back in pouch can be harder.
Tent time

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Tent time