Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sick sugar glider
sick sugar glider
Question
Sep 18 2017
07:36:09 AM
Sugar glider is weak, crabbing for no reason might be seizures, won't eat or drink, when we try and give him some water or honey he spits it out a little while after we give it to him. No vets we can take him to right now is there anything we can do for him at home?
Question
Sep 18 2017
08:41:13 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
So sorry for what you're going through. I wish I had some other suggestions, but other than what you're already doing, I would strongly suggest trying to find someone who is familiar with sugar gliders so you can get your little one checked out. It's hard to say what could be causing this, as well as the appropriate treatment. A qualified exotic vet would be your best bet for making sure your glider is getting the best care. In the meantime, I would keep a close eye on him, keep him warm, watch for signs of dehydration, and maybe try offering some favorite treats that he might be more likely to eat (even apple juice or orange Gatorade might be more appealing to him and ensure that he's getting fluids. Hopefully someone with more experience here will reply and have some additional ideas. Wishing you both well!
Question
Sep 19 2017
07:42:54 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I agree with Tiakristen. There really isn't anything else you can do. Your glider needs vet care asap, only one with experience of sugar glider can be of any help right now. He needs to be diagnosed to be treated properly.

I am very sorry, I do hope you can find a vet to take him to asap.
sick sugar glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sick sugar glider