Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Dry food?
Dry food?
Food, Diet
Oct 14 2017
12:46:24 PM
So my sugar glider is eating the leadbeaters staple and she gets 1 fruit and 1 veggie each night as well as mealworms for treats. Should she have a dry food to go along with that?
Food, Diet
Oct 14 2017
04:49:36 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I am unfamiliar with Leadbeaters. However, if you can find the website that is the origin of this particular diet, there should be information regarding what can/should be fed or not.

Some diets restrict specific things and require specific things, it's best to know where your specific diet stands on pellets. Pellets are not mostly used as a staple, nor are they a necessity. In general, there are many who offer pellets, quality brand (Pet Pro-Happy Glider being used by many including myself) on the side. Most will leave a few in a dish during the day, refresh each morning. I for the most part use some throughout their forage toys, currently I'm using a "Snacky Mouse", but also often have other forage toys around the cage and place some pellets around between those. Although, there have been times I just left some in a small dish now and then. Then there are those who do not like to offer pellets of any kind to their gliders.

Food, Diet
Oct 18 2017
09:23:34 AM
DelightfullyMad Joey Visit DelightfullyMad's Photo Album 45 Posts
Yeah it's not required with that diet but my vet wanted her to have some anyways. I was curious what other people thought about it. Which food do you use? they have quite a few different blends. Also was wondering what people thought of the exotic nutrition pellets I heard they were pretty good. Just trying to find the best one out thete, or what most people prefer lol.

Edited by - DelightfullyMad on Oct 18 2017 09:24:21 AM
Food, Diet
Oct 18 2017
06:43:36 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I have used exotic nutrition pellets before. One glider loved them, and always got a clean bill of health. My other glider didn't really like them so I decided to try the ones that TJones recommended (Pet-Pro Happy Glider) and they're a big hit. While I think EN pellets are better than many others out there, most people agree that Pet-Pro is a much better quality if you decide to use pellets. If you call the company they will likely send samples so you can try different flavors to see which ones your glider likes. It sounds like you are giving her a very balanced/healthy diet already (leadbeaters, fruits, & veggies), but many people like to have pellets on hand in case their gliders get hungry during the day (just make sure they're eating their other foods). Btw, I'm assuming leadbeaters is BML?
Food, Diet
Oct 25 2017
06:08:59 AM
DelightfullyMad Joey Visit DelightfullyMad's Photo Album 45 Posts
Yes it is And that's what I wanted to try them for like during the day or as treats because she gets her fruits/veggie at night when she's awake

Edited by - DelightfullyMad on Oct 25 2017 06:09:29 AM
Dry food?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Dry food?