GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Several Questions From New Owner
Research Information
Oct 16 2017
11:25:14 PM
Hello Everyone!
So in the near future I'm going to be purchasing my very first Sugar Gliders, I've been doing TONS of research on these little guys and have most of my facts down but I have a few questions that I would like to ask experienced owners, so if you could help me out that would be great!

Question 1: I work in a quiet library and would like to know if it's alright to take my sugar glider with me to work in it's bonding pouch? I of course would have 2 gliders so I'm also wondering instead of taking both could I alternate them? Taking one to work one day while leaving the other at home and then switch them out the next, I guess I'm wondering if the one I leave at home by itself will be alright?

Question 2: In your own experience what gender do you think make the best pets? Neutered males or females?

Question 3: What is the best bagged diet out there for a base line? Of course I'll be feeding more on top of it such as fresh fruit, vegetables, protein etc etc I'm just wondering if there is a bagged base line you find good

Question 4: Can you tell me some website to good Canadian breeders? That will probably have to be willing to ship within Canada

Thank you guys! :)
Research Information
Oct 17 2017
01:32:29 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
For 1. If you are gone all day in library I would think it would be better to take BOTH at the same time so they are not sleeping all alone all day. If you were part time, say 4 hours work, then I would guess separate would be ok. But I would have them bonded FIRST before you start taking them to work all day.

2. We have a wonderful female that love people, we have a wonderful male that loves people and loves to explore a little more then the female. We have our original two males that are friendly. we have a skittish male and female.
In our second colony, the new one, we have two friendly females and one angry male that is getting friendlier and one small female that crabs alot with the male and is scared of us still.
In conclusion... I see no difference based on gender, only how well we have bonded with them.

3. I use OHPW diet with pet-pro "Happy glider" cereal in a side bowl. They are sold by Pocket pets as glider chow, and critterlove with the critterlove diet. They are said to be good at teeth cleaning and a healthy snack/food.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion