Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar Glider Whining In Sleep? Should I Be Concerned??
Question
Jan 03 2018
05:39:41 PM
Yesterday, I took a decent size step forward with my gliders by putting them in the hoodie of my sweatshirt instead of the inclosed bonding scarf. They were VERY good. Luna, the shy girl, stayed in basically the whole time. Venus, NOT A SHY GIRL, looked around and stuck her head out for the first 20 minutes or so. I had them in it for several hours of my day and checked on them a few times each hour. When I was about done carrying them around and making sure they could be in their cage before waking up, I heard my girl Venus whining (about 20 seconds long)! I carefully removed the fleece squares above them and saw her sleeping. I stroked her fur softly and told her it was okay. She became silent and I thought it was just a nightmare. A minute later, she was whining again! I repeated the process and she was silent once again, this time for about 5 seconds. Her whines weren’t painful sounding, just like a puppy whimper. I returned them and let the two be because Luna was now waking up and being a crabby girl. I didn’t take them out at all today but while cleaning up my room, I heard her do for a few seconds again! Anyone have an idea of what’s going on? Should I not be concerned? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Question
Jan 04 2018
01:44:50 PM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
I also have a baby girl named Luna. She is a very lucid dreamer, so she also will whimper,and jerk,and twitch. She sometimes looks like she is awake when she is asleep. For a while I actually considered the thought that she could be having seizures. She is just an active dreamer and it sounds like your luna is too. :)
Question
Jan 04 2018
04:55:48 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
Mine will squeak and twitch in their sleep like little puppies or kitties sometimes :) It's very cute. I think it's normal, they're just dreaming.
Question
Jan 05 2018
03:25:17 PM
Ballistic_Glider Joey 26 Posts
BennyNace,
Thanks! I’m not sure what I would do without this forum #9786;#65039;#9786;#65039;
Question
Jan 05 2018
03:26:53 PM
Ballistic_Glider Joey 26 Posts
Thanks to you too Scornia! Your help is greatly appreciated!
Question
Oct 25 2018
03:43:30 AM
snugglepuffs Starting Member 3 Posts
It happens to my suggie, Pablo. I just take his pouch with him in it and put him on my chest (under a layer of t-shirt so he can get warmth, darkness and smell me). He starts sleeping very peacefully, then I put him back in cage after an hour or two.
Question
Oct 25 2018
06:19:58 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
we have a couple that will bark in their sleep it is fun to watch.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders