Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Bonding
Bonding
Question
Feb 03 2018
08:21:12 PM
Hello! I've recently purchased my first sugar glider December 24, 2017. I have been having some trouble bonding with him and he will sit on my hand while eating some food but won't let me hold him or pick him up with my hands yet. He still crabs at me when ever open his bonding pouch and not stop biting. I wear him in the pouch for a couple of hours almost every day of the week and allow him to explore my room. He will climb me but not let me even pet him. I know it is still too soon for me to be worrying. I just don't know if i've been doing anything wrong or when I can truly tell he has bonded with me. How long does it usually take for most gliders and are there any other bonding tips you may be able to share with me? I just have waited for many years to get a sugar glider and I am doing everything the websites say to do. I just feel like I'm not making any progress at all.
Question
Feb 05 2018
02:20:55 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
keep up what you are doing.
some or most gliders take time to bond, sometimes a LONG time. progress is measure in small steps over time.
most gliders don't like to be picked up, we have had 15 gliders only 2 don't mind being pickup up, many would rather you let them walk onto you.
Question
Feb 07 2018
05:33:46 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
I second that! We have 10 and only 2 like to be held and cuddled on. Bonding process was different for every single one. Especially the ones not born in our home. (: you’re doing great though! It can take time.
Bonding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Bonding