Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
new sugar daddy
new sugar daddy
Question
Feb 09 2018
12:38:24 PM
Hello all , I am a new sugy owner and have a quick question . I recently bought a young male last week . Then i got a female last night so he would feel alone until we start bonding. She came home and looks much bigger and fear she may be older . Any thoughts ?
Question
Feb 09 2018
08:01:06 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
my wife has done several introductions.
We have had smaller females and larger males introduced. I would say the most important part is the scent training. Following the introduction procedures is very important and making sure each glider has had plenty of time to smell the other gliders scent before face to face meeting so they don't say, "this guy is a strange and an enemy", but instead say "hey I know this guy, he's been in my cage for awhile."
then if all goes well with face to face meeting in a NEUTRAL scent free area, putting them in a clean scent free cage, so one doesn't feel a need to defend their territory.

The only introduction we had fail was a chubby female getting chased at night by some of the other gliders in the 7 glider colony, some of the gliders DOING the chasing were smaller. Sweet pea was so sweet she would not fight, just run to upper corner of cage and hide. So we had to take her out.

our experience is that mostly the gliders are just happy to have a new friend and they welcome a new group dynamic pretty freely, after a few spats while getting to know each other.
new sugar daddy

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
new sugar daddy