Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Crazy glider=frustration
Crazy glider=frustration
Question
Feb 16 2018
11:06:23 PM
I’ve had my male for about a month 1/2 now and he’s calmed down as far as crabbing goes, but now everytime I get him out he doesn’t stay on me, and almost immediately jumps to the floor before I can get him to a safer area. Also, my two gliders are now diurnal. #128529;I work shift work and keep my home reletively dark and figured when I got to nights I’d be able to spend more time with them but it’s just the opposite. :( I’m planing on getting my male neutered sometime next month, and I’m praying this might calm him down some? It makes it hard to want to spend time with him when I can barely keep an eye on him at all. The frustration is real at this point. Anything would help because I’m losing my patience with him.
Question
Feb 17 2018
01:16:02 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would suggest only taking him out of the cage with sleeping or bonding pouch, that way he doesn't run away. Mary in unbonded, so I put the bonding pouch inside out on my hand, grab her, then pull it inside in, with her now in the pouch. then I can sit and try to bond with her or give her some treats.
With Connor our single glider, I just pull his sleeping pouch out with him in it, sit with him, talk to him, and give him some treats. He's crabbing less, but still very jumpy, nervous.

A full sized freezer cost me $58 dollars a YEAR to run. One LED light bulb should cost 5 buck for the YEAR. Leave the light on during day, they will sleep.
When we first got gliders, I put cage in the bedroom when I worked nights, and slept days, keep gliders safe from dogs. But I sleep in quiet and darkness. the darkness caused them to wake up and run around cage at 12 noon, waking me up. So until I trusted the dogs with cage in living room, I slept with the light on for awhile.

set up a small area, glider safe, sit with him and let him run around. At first less interaction with him in playroom the better, give him a chance to get used to you.
Question
Feb 17 2018
11:53:37 AM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
I feel your frustration as I get depressed (see prior post) about how I don't feel my gliders are bonded with me. Like your male, my will jump on my head out of the cage and it is extremely difficult to get them back in it.

Daily, I hold them in the pouch or scarf, I do tent time (less stress about them escaping) every few days, and I have glider proofed my bedroom and usually do this a few times a week. I am lucky that when my gliders are ready for bed, they go in their nesting box I have on a shelf for them (in the bedroom) and don't have to chase them.

I have had my gliders since 07'17 and as others told me "they all progress at their own time".

Be patient, loving, offer treats and I think he will come around (at least this is what I say about my gliders)
Crazy glider=frustration

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Crazy glider=frustration