Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help! Colour Changing Glider
Health related
Mar 21 2018
01:51:34 PM
I'm new to the forum. I have my gliders a few years now and all seemed fine. Recently I have noticed that my female glider Bella has a sandy colour to her fur and no black tip on her tail. We live in the uk so always have the heating on. She also has some fur crackling which someone has told me is due to not enough humidity and too much heating. I am looking into buying a humidifier.

All my gliders are on the HPW diet and are active and playing about. We give them mealworms everyday and fresh fruit and veg everyday. The fruit I give every other day as it sometimes causes diarrhoea. There poop is dark and a normal size and texture.

We do feed them a small amount of pellets and dried food but nothing on the toxic list. Sweets they only get every few days as before we were feeding them sweets every 2 days but we have stopped as not sure if that was too much.

We also have started leaving windows open during the day when they are asleep in their cages to give them a clean air supply.

Bella has always been a quiet, peaceful glider who enjoys petting and has never been very active. But my mother is worried and said its best to get advice.
Health related
Mar 21 2018
01:56:39 PM
SugarQueen Joey Visit SugarQueen's Photo Album 14 Posts
I forgot to add. We do clean their cage floors everyday so they are not running in their own feces and do give them clean blankets every week.

Health related
Mar 21 2018
02:00:17 PM
More pictures of Bella

Health related
Mar 22 2018
12:29:26 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Bella is so beautiful! I was just about to name my little one Bella but my sister decided on that name for her pet so I had to choose another.

It sure sounds like you're doing all the right things and taking excellent care of her....HPW, fruits, veggies, cleaning, playing, etc.

I've heard the same thing about cracked fur and that it could be caused by humidity. Also, weather changes. Is she drinking enough water?

It's not uncommon for gliders to change color, like between gray and brown. Not sure why, although someone said it happens as they mature.

Enjoy your sweet babies!

Health related
Mar 23 2018
12:18:18 PM
Thank you Tiakristin3 for the advice and the welcome. You saved my mother's life she was panicking about Bella. Hope your little ones are well. Just in case for the future we are looking into finding a good exotic pets vet as the one closest to us is quite clueless and knows nothing about exotics. We once took our lovebird down and he had no clue what to do, he almost looked equally confused when we took down our cat a few years back.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders