Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML Diet
BML Diet
Food, Diet
Apr 01 2018
02:58:04 AM
I have been doing some research and I have heard that putting the wheat germ in the bml diet is bad but not putting it in is also bad. Also that if you don't add it you can offer different veggies. Can y'all help me figure this out
Thanks
Food, Diet
Apr 01 2018
10:07:24 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
The only time you don't put wheat germ in Bml is if you are hand feeding a rejected joey.

Otherwise wheat germ is part of the recipe and not optional, the recipe should be followed to the letter or you won't be making bml.

There is nothing wrong with wheat germ in the diet, providing you refrigerate the wheat germ after opening it so it doesn't go rancid.

And no, removing the wheat germ doesn't mean other fruits n veg should be fed with it.

There is a dietary reason for every ingredient in bml, and for the strict fruit and veg list. Every single ingredient including the fruit n vegs provides something something to make the diet balanced.

Edited by - Leela on Apr 01 2018 10:14:08 AM
Food, Diet
Apr 01 2018
10:12:59 AM
mcannon29664 Joey Visit mcannon29664's Photo Album 30 Posts
Thanks Leela. I had seen where they were saying it provided too much iron.
Food, Diet
Apr 01 2018
10:17:56 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
yeh you may have been reading old threads when iron was a big topic. They also felt the baby cereal was to high in iron.

BML Diet

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML Diet