Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Neutered Boy genitalia Issues
Health related
Apr 24 2018
11:26:19 AM
My newest baby, Harrison, was oop on December 17th. He is neutered, and he is doing great with the girls so far, but we recently noticed (yesterday) that his genitalia has been out and he's messing with it a little, and I even saw one of the girls tugging at it and playing with it, which I'm sure didn't feel good at all :( there are constant chatting noises coming from their cage, when it's usually little to none, so I'm wondering if that's him messing with it. He has also been hissing while he poops, I haven't noticed it while he pees, but his genitalia has been out both times. I'm planning on calling the vet later today, but is there anything I can do in the meantime to make him comfortable? Also, any ideas what it could be?
Health related
Apr 27 2018
08:14:12 AM
Thesugarbeatles Joey Visit Thesugarbeatles's Photo Album Thesugarbeatles's Journal USA 16 Posts
Update: it was back in last night, not sure if it had been out that entire time or not, but the very tip (what I assume is one of the forks) was still out a little, and looked very dry and almost crusty. I was able to put some KY jelly on it and he didn't like it at all, he was in pain I think. That was when his cloaca seemed to swell, but not in a normal way I've seen online. I'm not sure how to explain it. Through the night, he's constantly chirping and crabbing a bit because he's messing with it. This morning, he was shaking whenever he would stop playing or moving. I'm getting him in to the vet soon (today or tomorrow) but I don't know what to do or what it is and I'm very concerned.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders