Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Single Sugar Glider
Single Sugar Glider
Health related
May 03 2018
06:49:48 AM
Hello everyone. It pains me right now to write this but I need to know people opinions on what I should do. Last night my 1 year 3 month old glider passed away due to unknown causes. We had just discovered it too late to be able to help her...

She stayed with her biological brother together in their cage. Now that Luna has passed and now I only have Gizmo, would it be best and more fair to him to try and put him into a new home with someone with other gliders? I just don't have the money currently to get a new fur baby for him and not too sure how he will take to a new one if we did. He's more on the stubborn side when it comes to new people or animals unless I'm around.

Does anyone think that he will be ok on his own if I were to give him super more extra attention and company? I know that they are way better off with another glider or more, I just can't afford that at the moment... But he's my baby and it would kill me inside even more if I had to let him go too...

What do you all think?
Health related
May 04 2018
07:55:00 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Mom in a the same predicament sort of. But my boy is older (senior glider) and seems okay alone for now. I don't want to give him up either, but my living situation doesn't allow me to get a second glider.

Sorry also that this doesn't answer your question, just wanted you to know you're not alone in this type of situation. My Ollie was taken in when he was four, due to similar circumstances.
Health related
May 04 2018
10:53:21 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
we have a lone glider. we are going to put him with a colony. But we got him as a lone glider and have had him about 6 months. he has been to the vet. he is healthy, alert, active, and getting slowly bonded to us. He is a bit skittish at times, but he doesn't bite and I can scoop him up without him biting me.

our colonies seem very happy to be together with other gliders, but connor seems just fine by himself. no over grooming or weight issues.
Single Sugar Glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Single Sugar Glider