Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New parents - got some queations
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Aug 02 2018
01:10:52 PM
Okay so I got my sugar gliders back in February, I feel bonding is going well it's very slow but I they don't hide from me anymore.

One of my females had twin joeys and they have been OOPed 10 days, eyes opened today so I think they are right on track but this morning it is raining so my room is very dark but I was still surprised to see ally sugar gliders awake. When i got up they must have realised it was time for them to go to bed (1pm) mom and dad were in their little coconut hut with babies before an hour but they moved into the pouch and left babies in the hut, is that normal??

Also babies made a quiet sound that sounded like they had a dry throat, how can I make sure they are nursing? Mom doesn't let me near them yet. Should I take the opportunity to hold them while she has left them alone?

This is the first time she's left them like that with no one else with her? Could she just need a break from nursing? Babies have not cried for her yet.

I have been afraid to go tent time because I didn't want to stress her but should I try? All six of my other gliders are sleeping in their pouches.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Aug 02 2018
01:13:39 PM
SuggieMommy314 Joey Visit SuggieMommy314's Photo Album 18 Posts
I had left room for a few minutes and when I came back both babies are in pouch with parents.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders