Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My glider is laying on her back while during the day
Health related
Oct 21 2018
09:17:38 PM
My sugar glider Scrat was lying on her back in the large tent hanger in her cage during the day and idk whether she was awake or asleep in the tent and I am very concerned about it. She and my other Glider Alfie are living outside due to my parents complaint about their “smell” and they have been living outside the house for a month now, if living outside was the cause of the problem then please give me advise to get through my parent’s thick heads so i can keep my gliders inside the house.

Thank you,
Sincerely
A concerned owner
Health related
Oct 21 2018
11:12:11 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
when I open our pouch and look inside, it is not odd to find one glider usually sophie sleeping on her back, belly up, just sleeping away. most of the gliders
tend to sleep back up with their head down. I think this way keeps the light out
of their eyes. And helps save body heat, which is very important.

Outside I would be worried if one got out of the cage then I would never find it again. 2. any insects that got pesticides on them then got eaten by the gliders.
3. is your area weather ok for gliders to be outside, its way to cold here. Again, body heat is very important, gliders live in colonies and they stay together to keep warm. without enough gliders in the cage, and if you have cold weather, this could be very bad for their small systems to create enough body heat.
Health related
Oct 22 2018
06:10:55 AM
Shlemy Starting Member 7 Posts
It gets hot during the day but we put a shade or a blanket over them so they can stay cool from the sun (i live in FL)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders