Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Questions pretaining to Joey older than 6 weeks
Question
Nov 03 2018
06:44:54 PM
My gliders recently had a little joey and hes getting older by the week. from the research ive done it seems to me that I have a little mommas boy on my hands because he his supposedly old enough to start weening him from mom but the little guy cant do anything with out her. so I guess my question is how old are joeys when they start using the bathroom by there selfs? when do they not need all the stuff that moms milk provides and they can full time start eating regular food? when would it be okay to take him away from parents and if it starts crying it be okay to not take it back to them in fear of it being hungry or having to use bathroom. Probably wont get an answer on these but thanks in advance
Question
Nov 03 2018
07:05:23 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
joeys start getting weened as early as 4 weeks oop but usually continue to nurse up to 8 weeks oop or until their head no longer fits in moms pouch.

If your are selling him it's not suggested to remove from parents until 10 -12 weeks oop depending on the joey and what its needs are, by then they should be going potty on their own. The longer with the parents the better so they have time to teach him as much as they can.

Edited by - Leela on Nov 03 2018 07:08:27 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders