GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Sugar Gliders in Rhode Island?
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 30 2019
10:57:46 PM
Hi there,

We are ISO a neutered male or an female sugar glider. We owned a pair but one of them recently passed.

I've had the opportunity to welcome Farren Kai as my first sugar glider joey in January 2012. I made the mistake of adopting her alone so of course, within a couple of weeks I made sure she had a friend.

Lazuli, an adult glider by the time I brought her home, was being bullied in her old colony so her family was looking to re-home her and as luck would have it, I was looking for Farren's future cagemate. Farren and Lazuli have been a pair since January 2012 and just earlier this week, we lost our beloved Lazuli on 11/27/19 (RIGHT before Thanksgiving, she lived to be approximately 11 years old).

A lot has changed since 2012; I'm no longer a college kid, I have a full-time job, my then-boyfriend and I are now married and kids are most likely a part of our future. Upon further consideration, my husband and I agreed that we would love to welcome in another sugar glider into our family; we don't want to part with Farren.

We are searching for a neutered male or a female friend for our now eight-year old Farren Kai.

Although we selfishly want to keep her in our lives, if there are other families who've recently lost a glider and are in need of a cage buddy, we are also considering letting Farren go to a loving and knowledgeable family (it's not our first choice, but it's an option we are keeping an open mind to). A home-visit would be requested on our end so it has to be within the New England area (CT, RI, MA).

Our home runs on TPG diet, live crickets and mealworms for mealtime and an assortment of yogies plus dried fruits (such as jack fruit, mangoes, guyabano and papaya) as snacks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 04 2019
07:13:55 AM
john111111 Starting Member 0 Posts
Hello, I have a 10 year old neutered male glider. He had a bond but she died a couple years back, and it's been long overdue to find him company. I just want him to have a nice home and friend for his latter years, and you seem like you take good care. I'm in Maryland but RI really isn't too far a drive to find the lad a good home. You can contact me at my email address elanterra1234@gmail.com if you are still searching.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 24 2020
09:24:11 AM
RiSugarMum Starting Member USA 0 Posts
Hi. I’m a sugar glider mom in Rhode Island. I currently have 3 colonies. 2 adult colonies and a Joey colony of 2 females and a male. I have mosaic, a white face , a pied ringtail ring neck and 2 Cremeinos! Just looking for local sugar glider friends to chat with.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home